Senior Associate, Corporate Development and Strategy - San Mateo, CA
Guidewire is seeking a Sr. Associate to join the Corporate Development Group. This individual will be part of a small but impactful team that works collaboratively across functions and interfaces frequently with senior-level team members, including COO and CFO.
The group’s mandate includes all aspects of corporate development including; sourcing new opportunities for venture investments and acquisitions; due diligence; and managing post-merger integration. In addition, the team is responsible for key business analytics including developing KPIs and developing and maintaining customer, sales and pricing analytics, and other executive-level strategic projects.
The individual will work with team members on cross-functional projects and will have deep knowledge of Guidewire’s overall business, the industry landscape and trends to aid in developing the Company’s M&A and Venture strategy. Profile of someone that would excel: intellectually curious, relentless drive to continually learn and improve, self-starter, excellent analytical and Excel modeling skills, effective collaborator and communicator.
- Corporate Development – Support all facets of corporate development, including researching, screening, and monitoring companies and industries, building financial models, conducting detailed due diligence, and developing and coordinating integration plans. High level of exposure to senior-level team members in product, sales and finance as you participate in discussions around strategic opportunities.
- Strategic Projects – Analyze complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight and recommendations to business leaders. Partner with business leaders on new initiatives to build business cases and financial models to determine impact on business unit and company P&L.
- Business Analytics & Metrics – Synthesize information and produce corporate dashboards to provide insights and updates on overall business performance. Monitor product performance and market penetration driving key business decisions and insights for the executive team. Analyze target markets and develop views on leading indicators and key performance metrics and tracking.
Skills & Ability
- Strong analysis and presentation skills – ability to produce quick and high-quality analysis and presentation materials with strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Robust financial modeling experience with ability to understand and construct financial models
- Strong organizational skills and ability to structure complicated problems, develop hypotheses, mine data and deliver insightful recommendations
- Detail-oriented with ability to prioritize work, navigate ambiguity and produce high quality work product with limited guidance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative work ethic with ability to work in a team-oriented environment, with a can do attitude
- Demonstrated ability to think about the business strategically, determine the appropriate metrics, and in turn effectively use and present the data to different audiences
- Self-starter with strong intellectual curiosity and a hunger to learn
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics, business or engineering with high achievement, or equivalent work experience is required
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience; preferably a couple of years in investment banking and a couple of years working for a company in a Corporate Development/Strategic Finance environment
Back to top