Senior Architect – (Functional Consultant)- Professional Services - Poland, EMEA Remote
Senior Architect (Functional Consultant) - Professional Services, EMEA Remote
Location: Remote Poland, commuting to customer sites in Europe.
Fluency in German language is required
Guidewire exists to deliver the software that P/C insurers need to adapt and succeed in a time of rapid industry change, and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We believe that P/C insurance plays a vital role in protecting people and business, and in enabling society to function. We specialize in serving P/C insurers exclusively, with a focused commitment that puts customer success above all else.
Our core competency is software development. We serve a global community of 300+ insurers in 30+ countries, holding ourselves accountable for ensuring that our customers have the right technology to execute on their promises to policyholders over the long term. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
The Professional Services Organization:
We deploy small, highly-skilled team of functional and technical consultants/experts. We send a small team of Subject Matter Experts who work in tandem with the insurance company’s internal team, and partners, to address their needs, and become a trusted technical advisor and mentor. Our software is incredibly complex and well-tested – over 2,000 person years’ invested in our products so far.
Customer Success through collaboration on-site. To accomplish that we employ a flexible travel schedule of traveling to the customer on Mondays to return on Thursday which has been called the 3-4-5 in the industry: 3 nights away, 4 days onsite, with the fifth day working from home. We have a Global Mobility team to ensure you have the right support.
- Learn and master your assigned Guidewire product in order to become a configuration resource and achieve Guidewire certification as a Subject Matter Expert;
- Configure the Guidewire products to solve customer business challenges as a configuration and implementation resource;
- Consult with insurance carrier business and technical resources to produce business requirements and functional design documents as a functional resource;
- Partner with client business teams to understand business objectives and integration requirements using both business and technical skills;
- Estimate the effort required to configure the software;
- Work with Guidewire product management/development to share configuration concepts and further develop our core product features;
- Plan integration testing and user acceptance testing of customer solutions;
- Participate in a Scrum based product implementation of our product on-site at insurance carriers;
- Set local or team-based standards for configuration programming tools and techniques, then advises on their application and ensures compliance;
- Investigate and implement tools, techniques, and processes for managing configuration items and verifies that related information is complete, current, and accurate.
To be successful in this role you will need to have a majority of the following technical skills:
- Experience with full cycle enterprise ERP software/package implementations or other enterprise core business systems;
- Functional Insurance Domain Expertise;
- Experience with Scrum or other Agile PM methodologies;
- Strong oral and written communications skills;
- Hands-On scripting/programming/configuration capability in a multi-tier web application environment. (Examples include: rules engines, application settings using proprietary scripting languages, or general programming);
- Capability to communicate clearly and efficiently;
- Consulting & Leadership Skills - Ability to adapt to various work settings and serve in an advisory/leadership role;
- Ability to handle project management tasks (Scope Control, Budgeting, Estimating, and Resource Management);
- Willingness and ability to travel 80%;
- Customer Focus/Team Work;
- Ability to work with a variety of customers from different departments in large and small groups;
- Dedication to delivering exceptional results;
- Strong personal initiative and ability to personally execute with minimal oversight;
- Cross functional skills and experience working on small teams.
Benefits: We know that people work based on incentives so we have an exceptional and rational compensation policy. We pay base, performance-based and long-term cash incentives, as well as a number of other benefits such as pension and healthcare and promote flexible working practices to strive for a work-life balance. See and hear from our employees at: careers.guidewire.com and read about our core values of integrity, rationality and collegiality in everything that we do.
Keywords: Consulting, Consultant, Architect, Java, C#, XML, ERP, CRM, JMS, JDBC, Gosu, Configuration, Integration, Insurance, Software Engineer, Solution Architect, Development, Poland
Intermediate to Senior
Meet Some of Guidewire's Employees
Product Management Manager
Olga encourages and empowers her team to recognize and interpret customer needs so that their important input can be incorporated into continuous product evolution.
Back to top