- Chennai, India
As a member of the Business Technology team, the Salesforce Support Engineer will be responsible for supporting solutions on the force.com platform. Provides production support of applications by trouble shooting issues, testing fixes, and communicating fixes to business teams. The Salesforce Support Engineer is the first line of support for internal users and business critical processes running on Salesforce. You are a team player and have a collaboration-oriented mindset.
· Provide Tier 1 production user support for the Salesforce CRM systems while working closely with the Engineering and Support teams to maintain operational integrity of production systems
· Provide technical support to local and remote users
· Identify and appropriately escalate process or product quality gaps, and provide or implement suggestions for resolution when possible
· Display in-depth knowledge to support multiple Salesforce products with little to no assistance
· Participate in data governance initiatives to drive consistent and proper handling of data inside the platform and across the business
· Perform data loads
· Evaluate Salesforce functionality and provide recommendations for process improvements based on experience supporting users
· Create and maintain end user documentation on processes, policies, application configuration, user guides, job aides, and related materials
· Setup and maintain user accounts, assign roles, profiles, permission sets, groups, and hierarchies
· At the direction of the Engineering team, support enhancements to objects, workflows, layouts, email alerts, and templates
· Develop customized reports and dashboards
· At the direction of the Functional and Technical teams, support QA testing
· Identify opportunities to simplify, optimize, and automate business processes
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
· Bachelors’ Degree preferred with 5 years of Salesforce administration, systems support, and/or systems administration in a mid-size or larger organization preferred
· Salesforce Certified Administrator required, Advanced Admin strongly preferred
· Proven ability to manage users, data, and security
· Proven troubleshooting skills including the ability to analyze and resolve difficult problems quickly with a keen attention to detail
· Ability to work independently with minimum direction
· Experience managing reporting and dashboards for multiple cross-functional teams
· Strong customer service and relationship building skills with a team-player attitude
· Demonstrated proficiency in the use of data management tools such as Data Loader
· Familiarity with standard business, sales, and finance processes
· Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
As a team, our mission is to provide distinguished consulting and support services to prospects, partners, and customers which result in 100 percent reference-able customers which guides us in all that we do.
Guidewire has pursued one mission from its founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation core systems — policy, claims, and billing — to the global property-casualty (general) industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core system platform. We have recruited extensively among experts in the industry to ensure that we learn from veterans of insurance system design and implementation. Today, insurance experience is pervasive throughout the Guidewire organization, especially in our Product Management and Implementation Services groups. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, California, US with offices in London, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and now, Dublin. Guidewire is owned by its employees and is also publicly traded on the NYSE EURO under the call sign GWRE.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Back to top