Salesforce Java Integration Support Software Engineer - Toronto, Canada
Salesfoce Java Integration Support Software Engineer
Salesforce Java Integration Support Software Engineers at Guidewire’s Regional Support Center(RSC) serve as first line of contact for troubleshooting, diagnosis, and escalation of customer issues for customers in the region. They perform detailed analysis on customer issues to determine causes and appropriate solutions. They have substantial depth of experience in customer facing roles and have demonstrated abilities in successftraully resolving challenging situations. They must have strong ability to work independently on complex issues.
The Support Engineers manage responses to issues as well as regular communications with customer accounts to help avoid production issues, prepare for system updates, and ensure customer satisfaction. They collaborate within the worldwide customer support team and with product development, QA, and professional services to resolve problems, optimize processes, and provide product feedback. The RSC support engineers will collaborate remotely with escalation support and other engineers at Guidewire Headquarters in Foster City, California as well as engineers at other RSCs.
RSC Software Support Engineers are responsible for developing mastery of several functional or technical areas of the products they support, along with substantial competence in the remaining areas of these products. They provide mentorship to other support engineers in their areas of mastery and general assistance to their peers in all areas.
To gain the necessary product and diagnostic knowledge, RSC support engineers will travel to Guidewire’s Dublin office for 2 to 3 months of initial training, product certification, and shadow assignments with the US support team. After this initial training period, they may be required to travel to Dublin or the US headquarters periodically for additional training and updates. Remote training, seminars, and independent-study type courses will also be used to help engineers in the RSC maintain and grow their expertise.
RSC Support Engineers may be assigned responsibility for a small number of customer accounts, establishing regular communication and reporting on outstanding issues. They work collaboratively with Lead Support Engineers, and Support Management to prioritize workloads and customer assignments, analyze more complex problems, and deal with difficult customer situations. The Support Engineers must be comfortable traveling to and visiting customer sites, presenting support-related presentations, and interacting with customer staff at all levels. The travel percentage after initial training would be 5% or less.
This role serves as the point person representing Guidewire Software to our customer. The successful RSC Support Engineer is expected to work closely with our customers while making sure that our larger organization is kept abreast of product strengths and weaknesses. The position requires a unique blend of technical expertise and customer facing skills
- Experience with and understanding of web/J2EE architecture
- Experience with Salesforce integration
- Experience with Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) such as MuleSoft ESB.
- Experience with object oriented programming
- Experience with Java, JSP, Web Service, Ant, MQSeries, Oracle or MS SQL Server, AIX, XML, and Application Server such as Websphere
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage client relationships and provide ongoing support for technical projects
- Experience developing technical specifications and then implementing those specifications through a combination of custom programming and product configuration
- Experience with complex enterprise systems that are integrated with legacy systems
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, enhance, test, and deploy complicated integration software
- Ability to work with services integration consultants to review technical designs and participate in code reviews
- Background as a Systems Consultant at a Big 5 consulting firm or equivalent
- Prior Business Process and configuration experience with configurable software such as Peoplesoft, Siebel, or SAP n-tier web architected solutions
- Knowledge of the insurance industry or prior implementation experience on an insurance related project
- Previous implementation experience in at least two full life-cycle implementations
- Experience with Tomcat, Web Logic, SQL Server, and Windows 2003 Server
- Experience working with customers and peers distributed widely over multiple countries, regions, and time zone
This role requires a high degree of independence, ownership and responsibility for customer success. Support engineers at the RSC are expected to be highly available and resourceful at responding to and managing customer issues in a timely manner, under circumstances where access to internal expertise may be limited. Thus the successful candidate must be skilled at developing and maintaining professional relationships with peers as well as colleagues in other departments and geographic locations.
Meet Some of Guidewire's Employees
Product Management Manager
Olga encourages and empowers her team to recognize and interpret customer needs so that their important input can be incorporated into continuous product evolution.
Back to top