Sales Operations Analyst - Edina, MN
We are seeking a Sales Operations Analyst to join our sales operations team to deliver excellence in our existing customer contracting, retention, and satisfaction efforts. The ideal candidate is highly analytical, business savvy, excel at writing and project management, and can partner with key decision makers to drive to successful outcomes.
Reporting to the Sales Operations Manager, the Sales Operations Analyst will support the Customer Relationship Function within Guidewire. Using knowledge of the company’s products and services, your charter includes, but is not limited to: deal administration, price quotes, business approvals, software licensing and service agreements, etc. You will partner with cross-functional teams including Sales, Services, Legal, Finance, and rest of the Operations team to align resources to facilitate deal closure. You will process all contract amendments, renewals, project manage approval workflows, and develop systems to ensure timely delivery of customer requirements.
In addition, you will assist in tracking the metrics associated with our existing customer base. The ideal candidate is a strong writer, a savvy strategist, and a cross-organizational team player that can quickly process a variety of information (technical and otherwise) under very tight deadlines.
- Provide hands on analysis and project management of the deal desk, including, but not limited to: contract research, creation of price quotes, business approvals, and order requests for varying levels of deal size and complexity.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to field sales on pricing, product configuration, and business terms to support the sales effort.
- Ensure compliance with published sales and business approval policies. Be a sales advocate and partner to internal organizations to understand complex sales issues
- Meet or exceed published service level agreements for deal turnaround time, customer confirmations, etc.
- Build strong productive relationships and feedback loops with senior management, legal, finance, and operations teams to drive deal efficiency and sales representative satisfaction with the contracting process best practices
- Project-manage the entire tracking of required customer information related to contracts, version support, configuration, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of company and its offerings and understand all new initiatives that impact proposal responses.
- Preparation of contract amendments
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Position will require less than 10% travel
Desired Skills & Experience / Requirements
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Finance or related degree required, MBA preferred.
- 2+ years’ professional experience in an Enterprise Software company or equivalent.
- Outstanding analytical skills, including ability to deliver reporting that informs strategic decisions.
- Outstanding writing, editing and project management skills.
- Proven ability to successfully manage projects from start to finish.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage changing priorities.
- Excellent cross-organizational skills, including the ability to influence without authority and communication with senior executives.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to a changing environment.
- Advanced MS Office software skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).
- Collegial, proactive attitude, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Discretion and a high-level confidentiality are required in this role.
- Ability to grasp the functional and technical overview of the Guidewire Software product suite.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Back to top