Release Manager - Canada Remote
- Toronto, Canada
The role will support the management of releases into the Customer environments across the Customer and Cloud Operations (CCO) organization within Guidewire. The Release manager will partner with our Cloud Operations and Product Development teams and other business stakeholders to develop and improve the release process to make adoption easy and to achieve operational success. This role is part of the Program Management team within CCO. Your key stakeholders and teams are primarily based in the U.S and Europe. Your contributions will help fuel the overall growth and success of Guidewire.
The role requires a combination a DevOps/ITIL approach, with responsibility for working with the Guidewire development teams and the customer to drive continuous improvement in their delivery processes and to be responsible for the scheduling, planning, and controlling said releases into Production. As a Release Manager, you will be required to work in partnership with both CCO operations, devops and software development teams.
Please note that since your primary stakeholders are based in San Francisco, we seek a professional who is flexible with working in the evening a few times per week (as agreed upon with the hiring manager). In turn, we offer alternate work schedules during your workday to account for the time zone requirements.
- Working with the existing ITSM and orchestration solutions and the owner teams to bring about full end to end automation of the CI/CD pipeline and the provision of the required audit collateral in line with industry best practices whilst ensuring audit compliance.
- Active engagement with the Change Manager to ensure release management is appropriately tied in with the umbrella change management process. And providing cover for the change manager when required.
- Driving the efficiency and effectiveness of the CI/CD pipeline setup and related processes for non-production (NPE) and production environments.
- Producing management information and reports.
- Proactively engaging with Cloud Operations management and product development stakeholders to drive working practices efficiencies.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of release management and making recommendations for improvements.
- Developing and maintaining the release management process and procedures.
- Participating in Cloud Operations delivery programs of varying complexity.
- Facilitating interviews and workshops (in-person and virtually).
- Conducting release management maturity assessments, developing material for communications and training, and facilitating improvement discussions.
- Preparing and delivering presentations to stakeholders of varying levels to influence, facilitate alignment, and develop shared understanding.
- Collaborating with delivery/project teams, business stakeholders and executives to ensure the successful execution of enablement strategies and achievement of success criteria.
- 3+ years full-time in a software development centric Release Management role.
- 2+ years in an IT operations role preferably working within a devops context or working as part of or directly with agile development scrum teams.
- Experience delivering ITIL or related service management specifically release management, communications and/or training.
- Strong analysis, planning, and organizational skills.
- Ability to set direction and approach and execute delivery with limited direction.
- Ability to provide fact-based point of views, while maintaining utmost flexibility.
- Ability to influence peers and stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver effective presentations and to quickly earn the trust of executives and key stakeholders.
- Self-starter with fine-tuned problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and balance between competing priorities.
- Experienced working with global teams.
- Working knowledge of the Atlassian suite of products specially Jira Service Desk and/or Jira.
- A background in or experience with code pipelines and automation.
- Familiarity with Bitbucket, Jenkins, Team City and/or Chef is desirable.
- Willingness and ability to attend morning or night video conference calls with regional teams, when needed.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Back to top