Project Manager, UM 50% Travel - Remote, US
Underwriting Management (UM) is a component of Guidewire’s core processing component of the larger InsuranceSuite platform. The Project Manager (PM) will be responsible for overseeing the client relationship and implementation of a successful UM installation from inception phase through production rollout and into production support, as needed. The PM will work closely with his/her client counterpart on tasks such as statements of work, project plans, scope management, change management and other project management related activities. The PM must have experience with overseeing the delivery of large enterprise business solutions that integrate with legacy systems. Depending upon project delivery requirements and complexity, the PM may be managing several projects concurrently.
- Create Statements of Work (SOWs) documenting deliverables, cost, and resource efforts for client project
- Create and maintain project plans for the implementation of UM
- Work with the UM Business Analyst (BA) and Principal Architect (PA) in the capture of business and technical requirements
- Evaluate and track available resource capacity vs. remaining project effort
- Manage client’s backlog list and work with client to identify features for release planning
- Run project scrum meetings with the implementation team, track tasks, and progress
- Work closely with the client project team to report project status, issues, mitigation strategy, and other project related activities
- Work closely with client teams in a cross-function capacity which could include system environments, vendor management / relationships, and other business / technical needs
- Work closely with UM’s Engineering and Cloud Operations teams to manage dependencies for client project
- Manage monthly invoicing process
- Mentor new team members as required
- Travel onsite to client site, as needed
- General understanding of the commercial underwriting process from submission to issuance including clearance, risk evaluation, pricing, quoting, binding, and issuance.
- Deep experience in managing projects including Microsoft Project, Iterative Development, release scoping / sizing,
- Experience leading project teams in a complex environment including Agile, Waterfall and hybrid project methodologies
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with project and business constraints (previous work in a consulting role is desirable).
- 5+ years of experience in managing large projects in commercial or personal lines working with both medium and large insurance carriers
- 5+ years of experience leading enterprise architecture, systems integration or package implementation and a proven track record of delivering high quality business enterprise solutions
- 10+ years of experience managing large, complex projects
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent is a plus
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Back to top