Project Manager, Curriculum Translation
Education Translation Project Manager
Guidewire Software, Foster City, CA or remote
The Education Translation Project Manager will coordinate with the Curriculum Development and Education Administration teams on translation/localization project management efforts to help make Guidewire training and certification products readily available in other parts of the world. Translation will be accomplished through a combination of internal and external vendor efforts. This position will be responsible for managing the program, ensuring that translation projects are completed according to planned timelines, and will ensure the quality of translations.
Essential job functions:
- Manage employee and translation vendor engagement to accomplish the translation of Guidewire’s Education products, including PowerPoint slides, Word documents, audio driven eLearning, videos, and certification exams.
- Work with stakeholders to prioritize projects. Create and maintain translation project schedules and status reporting.
- Ensure the success of translation projects through process optimization, translation review and/or translation testing.
- Triage, troubleshoot and quickly resolve issues with translation.
- Engage in process initiatives to improve the speed and quality of translation efforts.
- Work with EdAdmin and other LMS experts to ensure translated materials are available and published on the LMS.
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in project management, preferably of international translation projects for enterprise software companies.
- Knowledge of the requirements of translation, ideally for training materials
- Familiarity with commercially available tools for translation
- Experience with source control systems (e.g. Perforce), defect tracking systems (e.g. JIRA), and learning management systems.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems.
- Ability to juggle multiple fast moving projects, and to quickly adjust priorities when needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders and vendors.
- Fluency in one or more non-English languages is a plus
At Guidewire, the coffee is decent, the snacks are free, and the software is great. What’s extraordinary, though, is the people. We’re passionately focused on customer success. Talk to people here and you’ll immediately sense their enthusiasm. We’re proud of what we build and how we work together.
Three values are at the heart of Guidewire culture:
- Integrity. We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything we do.
- Rationality. We communicate through clear arguments. We make decisions based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We constantly improve processes.
- Collegiality. We work together as professional equals, with a minimum of hierarchy. We strive for good processes and realistic assumptions to keep workload sustainable. We trust people to manage their own time. We seek input without regard for title. We encourage contrary opinions. We value work/life balance.
Back to top