Principal Security Architect
- Flexible / Remote
Are you passionate about architecting security at the enterprise level? Do you have prior experience designing security platforms across a breadth of software environments, from the hybrid world of enterprise applications, SaaS solutions, and cloud services offered, to both the corporate users and customers? If you are a specialist in aligning architecture to enterprise security standards and industry-leading practices while ensuring that the architecture finds the balance between security, compliance, and operational ease, Guidewire has the job for you!
You will lead security architecture on Guidewire's Information Security team and partner collaboratively to build next generation platform and services.
What you will do in this role
- Own security architecture of the enterprise, corporate, and customer-centric services
- Develop technology roadmap and architecture, and implement security and compliance for the Guidewire enterprise
- Collaborate with teams across the company to architect various security controls and translate them for engineering implementation
- Collaborate with opensource communities, Product Development, Professional Services, Cloud Operations, and Business Technology, and provide technical leadership to develop and maintain compliance
- Provide insight and recommendations on remediation strategies for security issues
- Establish security metrics and work with teams to achieve them
- Provide and promote technical guidance and security top practices across Guidewire
- Ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability within the design of architected solution
- Ensure High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) are designed as part of relevant system/services
- Mentor others in security standard methodologies
- Focus on team wins over individual success
- Show enthusiasm for learning new things and passion for technology.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- 12+ years in InfoSec Services, with success in designing, building, and maintaining secure, compliant, efficient, and highly available platforms and solutions
- Built and secured large scale distributed systems on AWS, GCP, Azure, or on prem
- Crafted and developed security architectures for hybrid and multi-cloud based systems
- In-depth knowledge of privacy engineering or security engineering, and of containers, data security, network security, control plane security, and governance
- Expertise in crypto standards, methods, and management, and authentication protocols and authorization standards (e.g., SSL/TLS, SAML, OAuth, JWT, OPA)
- Expertise in AWS infrastructure and concepts such as VPC, subnets, security groups, S3, RDS, EC2, Glacier, Lambda, IAM, security, encryption, DevOps, replication, and disaster recovery
- Experience prioritizing multiple clusters/tenants in these clusters, providing good governance and isolation, and explaining the cloud security model to prospective clients
- Experience in Security Operations and Identity and Access Management practices, controls, and tools sets
- Experience with security in cloud environments around GDPR/CCPA, federated security models and secrets management
- Understanding of relevant frameworks such as NIST, CIS, etc.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and controls such as GDPR, SOX, SOC II, etc.
- Understanding of Microservice security architecture (AuthN, AuthZ architecture and user/service interaction model)
- Understanding of security practices around the SSDLC process and tool sets such as CI/CD, SAST, DAST, pen tests, etc.
- BS or MS degree (Computer Science or Math) or equivalent experience
- Industry-based certifications (CISSP, CISM, CISA, etc.) and technical certifications from cloud providers or security tool providers preferred
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to compete contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accomodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.
Back to top