Principal Product Solution Marketing Manager, Cloud - Foster City, CA
Would you like to be part of a fast-growing, highly successful and innovative team that acts like a startup but is backed by the most adopted technology platform of the $2T Global P&C Insurance industry? Would you like to develop a well-rounded set of skills across business and technology that positions you well to take on a leadership position at Guidewire or the Insurance industry as your next step?
Go To Market Delivery (GTMD) is a specialized function within Guidewire that serves as a competitive advantage for the company. Within GTMD, the Product/Solution Marketing team serves to ensure that Guidewire puts its best fit for forward. GTMD is seeking a Sr. Product Solution Marketing Manager/Director to join the Product/Solution Marketing team. This person will drive the success of the positioning and messaging Guidewire Cloud with a strong technical acumen. Guidewire delivers Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions via Guidewire Cloud. Guidewire Cloud enables insurers to focus on business agility while transferring undifferentiating IT responsibilities to Guidewire, in exchange for a subscription fee that is adjusted for usage, increasing predictability of cost.
Success requires a deep understanding of all things cloud from technical underpinnings to business value. Candidate must be able understand and articulate regulation requirements, security, technical requirements, all the while being able to map technical features and architectures to business value for our customers. Applying a combined knowledge of enterprise software, SaaS technology, and Guidewire products is a must. Critical thinking, collegiality, and the ability to articulate technical concepts to diverse audiences will make you a great fit in this role and at Guidewire.
This candidate will be comfortable with ambiguity as Guidewire pivots from on premises point solutions to cloud offerings and solution-based selling/marketing. This role requires a strategic thinker who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty.
- Lead, maintain, and execute the overall go-to-market plan for Guidewire Cloud, including internal enablement and external promotion.
- Content writing skills and presentation skills are a must. The role must not be afraid to not only be strategic but also work behind the scenes to pull together a backlog of content around IT security, thought leadership, cloud operations and cloud implementation / onboarding services.
- Work cross-functionally to develop compelling, consistent messaging, positioning, and content that ties together product information, broader industry trends, competitive positioning, and regional considerations. The Product Marketing Manager works to enable and support the company’s worldwide sales team, analyst relations, consulting and technology partners, demand generation campaigns, and public relations initiatives.
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert for Guidewire Cloud and products deployed via Guidewire Cloud.
- Conduct market research to determine emerging cloud technology trends, market needs, and customer requirements. Collaborate with the Product Management and Business Owner organizations on product vision and roadmap.
- Present on Guidewire Cloud-related topics to customers and at conferences and other industry events.
- Support Guidewire’s annual user conference, including providing guidance on the agenda, presenting content, and coaching other speakers.
- Create content to support thought leadership campaigns.
- Juggle multiple projects while ensuring that best practices, quality, and brand are preserved and strengthened.
- BA/BS with 10 plus years of relevant experience, ideally in an technical &/or cloud product marketing role in a B2B software company
- Excellent skills and talent for communications in all forms and media - spoken, written, visual, presentations, websites, social media, video; formal and informal.
- Specialized experience in cloud technology both existing and emerging including information security, regulations, technical architecture.
- Internal collaboration and a proven ability to build relationships with individuals and teams that are peers, executives, internal customers, and Guidewire customers around the globe. Balancing strong personalities is key.
- Strong team player with good time management capabilities and the ability to adapt as priorities evolve.
- Sense of humor, fun, and empathy for colleagues and customers are prized qualities in this team.
- Experience in P&C insurance a bonus, but not required.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Back to top