Principal Product Manager - Cloud Policy Solutions
- San Mateo, CA
Guidewire is widely recognized as the leading provider of software solutions for the property and casualty insurance industry. Our software offers P&C insurance companies the tools to look after their customers when they need it the most, whether that’s a time of crisis, a natural disaster, an accident, or exposure to cyber risks.
We are looking for an experienced product management professional to join our Product Management team. You will work with a global product team spanning P&C insurance domain specialists, UX design and engineering to drive our cloud product definition and delivery, from conceptualization through successful adoption by Guidewire customers.
You are a well-rounded individual and capable of going into depth on a range of topics relevant to the domain. You will be able to distill sophisticated problem landscapes into impactful work, and then lead a cross-functional team to get it done.
This position is currently a remote role, but candidates are expected to be located in the region of the Guidewire Headquarters in San Mateo, California. In the future employees may be asked to return to work in Guidewire facilities, but the timing of this will depend on the effects of COVID-19 and the ability to do so safely.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO IN THIS ROLE
- Collaborate with development and cross-functional teams to ideate, design, build, launch, embrace & iterate products that are grounded in deep understanding of customer need.
- Drive data-enabled customer insights to hone a strong vision on how to enable the next generation of P&C solutions.
- Evangelize Guidewire’s strategy and vision to both internal and external partners, including the Guidewire management team, industry analysts, customers and prospects, as well as SIs and solution partners.
- Make tough prioritization decisions and maintain a balance between both the product roadmap and the need to hit a high-quality bar.
- Leading and collaborating across multi-functional teams on sophisticated large-scale projects in multiple locations;
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong experience in product management at a commercial enterprise software company serving the B2B market.
- Experience driving a discovery process including capturing data, analysis, forming a hypothesis, and testing
- Proven track record to inspire, empower, and lead cross-functional teams. Low ego, with a leadership emphasis on the success of the team, the business, and customers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (both written and verbal), including experience navigating both high-level business discussions and deep technical dives.
- Experience in InsurTech, FinTech, and/or P&C domain knowledge is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or another technical major; Masters preferred but not required.
Our employee culture…
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.
Back to top