Presales Commercial Lines SME - Remote, US
Presales Commercial Lines SME
Guidewire is seeking a qualified pre-sales candidate to support our market leadership in Commercial Lines. Candidates should have an insatiable curiosity to solve customers’ business problems through the use of award winning, proven modern technology and have a deep understanding of the complexities involved in Property and Casualty Commercial Lines.
The Guidewire sales team consists of a select team of sales executives and sales consultants. Sales executives are responsible for prospecting, managing the sales cycle, building customer relationships, and closing sales. Functional Sales Consultants are responsible for understanding detailed customer needs, defining how Guidewire solutions can meet those needs, and persuading through tailored proposals and demonstrations the superiority of our proven solution. Our compensation structure provides significant bonus for achieving and exceeding team objectives.
Sales Consultants work side by side with prospects, striving to understand client business goals and objectives and then map our solution to meet stated needs. Sales Consulting requires a unique blend of business process expertise, listening skill, technical design creativity, and exceptional communication/presentation skills.
Key activities for the Commercial Lines Sales Consultant include:
- Expertise in operating all applications within the Guidewire solution suite with an intense focus on Commercial Lines.
- Serving as a subject matter expert in the core operations of a Property and Casualty Insurance Carrier for the Commercial Lines space.
- Ability to engage in business consulting activities, capable of conducting detailed prospect interviews.
- Responding to requests for information or proposal, both written and oral.
- Presenting customized demonstrations tailored to customer requirements.
- Maintaining demonstration environments and after training, capable of executing standard product configurations.
- Providing input and feedback to Headquarters.
- 5+ years of pre-sales experience with an enterprise software
- Experience in the Property and Casualty Insurance industry, specifically Commercial Lines both regional US and International business
- Ability to understand business process needs and to conceptualize which needs can be satisfied through our software
- Experience presenting across a range of audiences: front line personnel to senior executives
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent presentation skills
- Strong technical aptitude
- Experience with property and casualty commercial lines insurance; subject matter expertise in the area of Claims, Policy and/or Billing operations
- Experience of working with a carrier or vendor catering for the Global Commercial insurance sector
- Awareness of the how the London Market / subscription market operates and specific needs of this market
- Experience managing demonstration systems built using modern software technology (application servers, relational databases, XML, etc.)
Intermediate to Senior
Meet Some of Guidewire's Employees
Product Management Manager
Olga encourages and empowers her team to recognize and interpret customer needs so that their important input can be incorporated into continuous product evolution.
Back to top