Create real impact. One customer at a time.
Guidewire is a top cloud employer on Glassdoor with a startup frame of mind and a world-class platform for over 25% of the global Property & Casualty market.
Fresh challenges every day
It you’re always up for a challenge, ready to run head-on into change, and comfortable with the uncomfortable, you’ll fit right in here. Join Guidewire as a Java Technical Support Engineer (Graduate).
From collaborating on custom configurations to trouble-shooting for customers, you’ll dig deep to find solutions to real-world problems. It’s non-stop and fast-paced, and your tight-knit Customer & Cloud Operations cohort will feel like family. At the same time, you’re free to move across teams and get involved with multiple projects. Meeting challenges head-on with energy, enthusiasm, and passion will open additional doors, so get ready to take on more ownership and responsibility if you want to go further.
We need you to have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field and to already have some exposure to the Agile process.
Plus, some of these skills would be ideal:
- Experience with fixing code, commercial customer incident tracking, or reporting progress is a plus.
- If you’ve worked with a CRM system before (such as Salesforce), terrific.
- If you're a fan of JIRA or can get lost for hours playing around with Java, C#, SQL, or Kubernetes just for the fun of it, then we really can't wait to meet you.
- Familiarity with advanced technical skills such as Object-Oriented programming, relational databases, XML, and Linux means you'll be speaking our language.
- And if you make easy work of server thread dumps, Oracle AWR reports, and other log files, then where have you been hiding?
While exposure to advanced programming and front-end web technologies is great, it’s not crucial. What’s more important is that you’re a good listener and show empathy for the customers you’ll be working with. As long as you’ve got a solid foundation, we can teach you the rest!
- Competitive market salary
- LTI (long-term cash incentive)
- Fully funded medical and dental insurance for you and your family
- Annual wellness reimbursement
- 18 annual leave days
- 16 weeks maternity and paternity leave
- 3 paid days volunteering in the community
Be Yourself & Stay Clever
At Guidewire, we value autonomy, empowerment, and inclusivity, which is why we want each of our employees to be heard and celebrated. We’re in the business of uplifting people, so they can fulfill their goals and ambitions. So, there’s plenty of time and space for you to broaden your skills and experience.
If we've got you excited and you’re ready for a career upgrade, then we're eager to hear from you! Get in touch to learn more about the Guidewire team you’ll work with.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.