Java Software Engineer – Dublin, Ireland
- Dublin, Ireland
We are looking for a proactive and result-oriented Software Engineer to join our product development team and work on building high quality software and improving the customer experience for millions of people who use our products every day. You will have the chance to define an impact and contribute to a complex application suite of products as we are serving more than 350 companies in 32 countries.
Our software supports significant data volumes and heavy server load. Our platform includes a cluster-safe persistence layer, inter-application messaging architecture, an MVC Web layer, and a lot more.
You'll work alongside intelligent colleagues who've checked their egos at the door. Teamwork is very important to us so we are looking for engineers who are open to share their knowledge, listen to their peers, paying also attention to details and quality and work together to tackle complex problems.
You will attend training from day one, learning about our solutions and the business side, as every day can be different, from development to deployment, quarterly planning, and daily standups.
- You will be responsible for building the tools that help manage our cloud deployments
- Find the right tool for the job, then architect and build reliable and flexible solutions
- Focus on code quality and constantly work to improve our Agile processes
- You will have a variety of responsibilities and a chance to influence the way the team works
What we are looking for:
- Previous DevOps experience is a bonus
- Experience building n-tier web applications using Java-based technologies such as Java EE, Servlets, Spring, Hibernate
- Experience with facets of enterprise software systems development, including relational database systems (JDBC, ORM, data modeling and design), software architecture, system integration (messaging, web services, SOA), web UI
- Knowledge of Cloud Services (e.g. AWS/GCP/Azure) is nice to have
- Skilled at writing unit tests and testable components
- Clear written communication and documentation skills
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent from third-level or higher education institution
- Strong software product development and delivery experience
- Academic background in Computer Science or equivalent
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB, CouchDB)
- Experience with Spring Boot
- Experience designing REST APIs
At Guidewire, our teams:
- Are lean, empowered, and collaborative
- Have the disposition to experiment with new technologies and process outside of the domain
What happens when I apply?
- First, apply for the role. We will then set a quick intro call, so we can share extra info on the role and answer your questions. Next, we will send some coding exercises to complete at home, followed by a technical interview via videoconference. And finally, we will bring you on-site to meet the team.
- Competitive market Salary
- LTI (Long term cash Incentive)
- 26 annual leave days
- Healthcare Benefits
- 2 paid days volunteering and many more
#LI-AQ1 #PD_top_jobs in the JD in Lever
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
By clicking the submitting your application on the following page:
1. You consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data outside the country where you live or work, and/or to third parties for the above purposes.
2. In the event that you submit any Sensitive Personal Data, you explicitly consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and transferring your Sensitive Personal Data on the terms and for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
3. You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time and have the right to correct any errors.
4. You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 24 months.
Back to top