We are looking for Experienced Java Software Developers to join our development and Services Centre in Dublin, Ireland.
Guidewire’s Services Centre was established to help meet a growing global customer demand for expertise in implementing Guidewire’s products, currently being used by customers who are household names globally. As a Consultant (Java Developer) , you will be delivering application configuration and integration programs, following Guidewire best practices in integrating our products with external applications to support our customers globally. You will have direct contact with customers dedicated to projects where you flex full development lifecycle skills.
- Learn and master Guidewire's Suite of products in order to perform configuration and integration of our products for technical consulting and become certified by spending your first two months in training to become a domain expert.
- Partner with Guidewire on-site consultants and client business teams to understand business objectives and integration requirements.
- Configure Guidewire applications and develop Guidewire business rules using Guidewire Studio.
- Develop custom integration programs to connect Guidewire applications with other internal and external systems using JAVA and XML.
- Execute configuration / integration tests including monitoring software incidents and communicating software issues to Guidewire development.
- The position requires a unique blend of technical aptitude, business savvy, and interpersonal skills.
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent from third-level or higher education institution
- Advanced, hands on exposure to broad technical skills such as Object Oriented programming (preferably JAVA), relational databases (data modeling/SQL), web UI (design and development), XML, application architecture
- Software development lifecycle exposure (AGILE) preferred.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Interest and willingness to explore a consulting career.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 450 insurers, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
By clicking the submitting your application on the following page:
1. You consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data outside the country where you live or work, and/or to third parties for the above purposes.
2. In the event that you submit any Sensitive Personal Data, you explicitly consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and transferring your Sensitive Personal Data on the terms and for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
3. You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time and have the right to correct any errors.
4. You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 24 months.