Java Application Engineer
- Dublin, Ireland
Create real impact. One customer at a time.
Guidewire is a top cloud employer on Glassdoor with a startup frame of mind and the world-class platform for over 25% of the global Property & Casualty market.
Fresh challenges every day
If you’re always up for adventure, ready to run head-on into change and comfortable with the uncomfortable, you’ll fit right in here. Join Guidewire as a Java Application Engineer.
From slick troubleshooting to wizard-level problem remediation and system restoration, no two days look the same on our CASE team. Responsive and resourceful, you’ll seek creative and innovative ways to help clients while seeing every task and assignment through to the end. It’s not just about the technical. While you’ll apply your technical know-how, you’ll use your business experience to make sound judgement calls. You’ll also take pride in guiding and mentoring junior members of your pod to excel in their roles.
You’ll need to have a bachelor’s degree in computer science and 3+ years of B2B technical software support experience.
A few of these other skills would be great, too:
- You're familiar with the agile software development cycle.
- You can troubleshoot code like a pro and apply creative and critical thinking to problem-solving.
- You know your way around a CRM system, like Salesforce, and can track commercial customer incidents.
- Using tools like JIRA, you can track software defects like nobody’s business.
- Relational databases and SQL are like a second language to you.
- You’re fluent in Java development, web UI (design and development), XML, and application architecture.
- And, if you eat server thread dumps, Oracle AWR reports, and other log files for breakfast, you’ll fit right in!
Most importantly, we’re looking for natural team players - savvy problem solvers who have their finger on the pulse and can build invaluable cross-team relationships. So while we’re after a high level of initiative and self-reliance, you’ll also need excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Be Yourself & Stay Clever
At Guidewire, we value freedom, empowerment, and inclusivity, which is why we want each of our employees to be heard and celebrated. We’re in the business of uplifting people, and encouraging them to fulfill their goals and dreams. So, there’s plenty of time and space for you to broaden your skills and experience.
If we've got you excited and you’re ready for a career upgrade, then we're eager to hear from you! Get in touch to learn more about the Guidewire team you’ll work with.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
By clicking the submitting your application on the following page:
1. You consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data outside the country where you live or work, and/or to third parties for the above purposes.
2. In the event that you submit any Sensitive Personal Data, you explicitly consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and transferring your Sensitive Personal Data on the terms and for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
3. You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time and have the right to correct any errors.
4. You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 24 months.
Back to top