Helpdesk/Desktop Manager – Dublin, Ireland
To manage the performance of Level 1 and Level 2 services and support to internal staff and ensure that service levels are achieved and that customer expectations are met or exceeded. Responsible for ensuring the staff are meeting and exceeding expectations regarding performance, meeting defined metrics/benchmarks, and that standards and processes are followed to provide effective customer service and meet requirements.
- Oversee management of the reported requests, incidents and problems. Manages and coordinates urgent and complicated support issues. Act as escalation point for all requests and incidents. Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately IT staff. Participate
- Train, coach and mentor geographically distributed Helpdesk and Desktop staff including career development. Oversee staff activities. Create and update support documentation for support staff. As needed, schedule employees working times and provide backup support.
- Assist in the development and reporting of KPI’s and trends to IT department and others in ad-hoc, weekly, monthly and as needed. Will drive and develop strategies for improvement while supporting service level agreements to set expectations and measure performance.
- Manage process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organization. Manage vendor relationships as it depends on daily operational needs. Maintain customer owned inventory at vendor warehouse and Guidewire office locations, and manage purchase requisitions. Review feedback to improve services, tools and support experience. Provide support outside of normal business hours a required.
The Service Desk Manager must be extremely organized and have an excellent ability to communicate and problem solve. This person must also be able to hire, train and supervise supporting staff, and build and maintain relationships.
- Strategic thinking skills
- Ability to do tactical execution
- High emotional intelligence
- Basic understanding of IT structure
- Strong time management skills
- Strong written English language skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- 7+ years IT Operations support experience in a corporate environment showing increasing levels of responsibility
- 3+ years in IT Helpdesk or Desktop Management position in a medium sized corporate environment
- Windows and Mac systems
- Asset Management and IT Purchasing
- O365 Suite
- AV and videoconferencing support
The ideal candidate will share our core values: Collegiality, Integrity, and Rationality.
Collegiality - We value strong teams. We work together as professional equals. We strive to continuously improve our processes and make realistic assumptions to maintain a reasonable work-life balance. We are trusted to manage our own time. We value ideas, not titles. We welcome and consider contrary opinions.
Integrity - We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
Rationality - We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We believe in testing. We never assume that we're building software the "best" way, and constantly seek to improve our processes. See and hear from our employees at https://careers.guidewire.com/ Software Engineer
Guidewire is a leading provider of core systems that span the insurance lifecycle – underwriting, policy administration, billing, and claims management. Guidewire delivers the software that property and casualty (P/C) insurers need to adapt and succeed in a time of rapid industry change — and to ensure that every customer succeeds in their journey.
Guidewire InsuranceSuite is currently positioned in the Leaders quadrant in the “Magic Quadrant for P&C Core Platforms, North America.”. InsuranceNow is positioned in the Challengers quadrant in the “Magic Quadrant for P&C Core Platforms, North America.”
Guidewire was honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award as One of the Best Places to Work in 2018. Guidewire is a mid-sized company, headquartered in Foster City, CA, with offices around the world. For more information, visit www.guidewire.com.
Back to top