Graduate Consultant ( Graduate Software Developer) Dublin, Ireland
Consultant (Java Developer) - Dublin, Ireland
Guidewire Software is a leading provider of flexible, enterprise software products focused on servicing the $1.5 trillion property and casualty insurance industry. We build and implement the core systems on which insurance carriers run their businesses. Unlike the legacy systems they are designed to replace, Guidewire applications support the workflow, collaboration with external partners, and rule-based decision-making that characterize modern underwriting and claims operations.
Guidewire applications also:
- Support personal, commercial, and workers compensation product lines
- Share a 100% web-based, Java technology platform
- Are optimized for scalability and integration
The applications we build are large and extraordinarily complex, and support the needs of customers across the diverse property and casualty insurance market. We are looking for thoughtful, creative, and skilled developers who would enjoy working with an impressive set of peers to extend our applications to support those business needs. We particularly value clear, logical thinking, good communication skills, a focus on quality, and the ability to work well in a team.
We are building a new development center in the north Dublin area to extend our core applications to accelerate the development of critical new product functionality to our customers. As a Solution Consultant, you will be delivering application configuration and integration programs utilizing following Guidewire best practices in integrating our products with external applications to support our customers globally.
- Ability to work in the north Dublin area with occasional travel to the US specifically to our headquarters in San Mateo, California, US
- Learn and master Guidewire’s Suite of products in order to perform configuration and integration of our products for technical consulting and become certified
- Partner with Guidewire on-site consultants and client business teams to understand business objectives and integration requirements
- Configure Guidewire applications and develop Guidewire business rules using Guidewire Studio
- Develop custom integration programs to connect Guidewire applications with other internal and external systems using JAVA and XML
- Execute configuration/integration tests including monitoring software incidents and communicating software issues to Guidewire development
The position requires a unique blend of technical aptitude, business savvy, and communication skills.
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent from third-level or higher education institution
- Advanced exposure to broad technical skills such as Object Oriented programming (JAVA), relational databases (data modeling/SQL), web UI (design and development), XML, application architecture
- Software development lifecycle exposure (AGILE) preferred
- Problem solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Interest and willingness to explore consulting career
Guidewire has been chosen by more than 95 general insurance carriers of all size and lines of business as a trusted software vendor. We believe it is due to our modern architecture as the first comprehensive, integrated platform for insurance operations built on state-of-the-art technology. There is also our product quality; each of our products goes through 26,000 unit tests each time an engineer makes a change. We look for bugs so our customers don’t have to.
Guidewire has been the leader in claims systems in North America since 2003, with more selections than any competitor among carriers of any size. Guidewire’s team includes executive and professionals with deep experience in both insurance and technology at companies including The Hartford, AIG, GEICO, McKinsey, Oracle, Seibel, Motorola, Ariba and d Kana. Guidewire was founded to meet the needs of the P&C insurance industry. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, California, with offices in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto, in addition to a geographically dispersed team of sales and services staff. Guidewire is publicly traded on NYSE under symbol: GWRE
Meet Some of Guidewire's Employees
Product Management Manager
Olga encourages and empowers her team to recognize and interpret customer needs so that their important input can be incorporated into continuous product evolution.
Back to top