Functional Solution Consultant, Germany
- Munich, Germany
Functional Solution Consultant (Germany)
The Company ...
Guidewire's mission is very simple; to provide the leading cloud insurance platform that Insurers can rely upon to run and transform their business during times of unprecedented change. Guidewire Software provides the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. For more information please visit www.guidewire.com
We are proud to be voted a Top Cloud Employer on Glassdoor by our own employees and positioned as a market leader by industry experts like Gartner. We have a fun work environment and a culture that lives by our core values of integrity, rationality, and collegiality.
The Guidewire sales team consists of a select team of sales executives and Solution consultants. Sales executives are responsible for prospecting, managing the sales cycle, building customer relationships, and closing sales. Solution consultants are responsible for understanding detailed customer needs, defining how Guidewire solutions can meet those needs, and persuading through tailored proposals and demonstrations the superiority of our proven solution. Our compensation structure provides a significant bonus for achieving and exceeding team objectives.
Solution Consultants work side by side with prospects, striving to understand client business goals and objectives and then map our solution to meet stated needs. Sales Consulting requires a unique blend of business process expertise, listening skill, technical design creativity, and exceptional communication/presentation skills.
The job ....
Do you enjoy knowing what you will be doing day by day, a predictable schedule, sitting at the same desk with regular 9-5 hours ?
- If your answer is yes, then sorry, this job isn't for you )-:
- If your answer is no, then here is what a typical day might look like ....
Actually, as a solution consultant at Guidewire there is no such thing as a typical day !
Imagine a week like this ... Today (Monday) you are making your final preparations for a 2-hour claims solution presentation you will deliver via video conference to a leading insurer in the Nordics, once that is done you will get back to providing feedback to product management on proposed new features planned for the next cloud release.
Then on Wednesday you will be heading into the office to catch-up face-to-face with your team and work through a couple of cross functional meetings.
You are able to miss the morning rush, dropping off your young daughter at school, before catching your train for the commute in. The journey gives you time to clear your head and think about your priorities for the strategy we are pulling together on an upcoming presentation to a specialist Commercial Lines insurer who is looking for a cloud ready solution that will support their transformation to digital.
Thursday seems to disappear in a rush as you prepare presentation and solution flows for next week, happy that you are able to ping your colleagues on slack, getting immediate advise and feedback with an offer of a dry run that gives you confidence you are on the right track.
Friday is your catch-up day, you join the weekly Friday morning team call where you get a shout out for the great job you did on Wednesday's presentation, then you spend the rest of the day responding to requests for support over the next 2-weeks and of course those RFP questions ahead of next weeks deadline.
By the time Friday evening comes around, and you've finished your last call - an enablement session on a very exciting new feature that has just launched with the latest Cloud release - you switch of your laptop, and think back on your "typical" week, looking forward to enjoying your weekend, and then what is in store come Monday when you will be heading to the airport .....
What you will need...
- Insurance knowledge gained through working with an insurer, or an InsureTech, or ideally both!
- Ability to demonstrate that you are a strong presenter who can stand their ground and deal with tough questions
- An interest in technology either from previous jobs or just from your own hobbies would be a big plus
- Provide evidence that you can deliver against tight deadlines with excellent results
- Show that you are a team player who learns from their mistakes and adjusts to work well with colleagues
- Hunger to learn and to constantly improve
- Language skills: Native German, Fluent English
- The people we employ give their all and in return we offer flexibility wherever we can, such as
- Flexibility to work from home
- Casual dress for all internal functions
- Paid volunteer days
- Competitive market Salary
- LTI (Long term cash Incentive
- Competitive annual leave
- Competitive benefits package
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
By clicking the submitting your application on the following page:
1. You consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data outside the country where you live or work, and/or to third parties for the above purposes.
2. In the event that you submit any Sensitive Personal Data, you explicitly consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and transferring your Sensitive Personal Data on the terms and for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
3. You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time and have the right to correct any errors.
4. You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 24 months.
Back to top