Functional Sales Consultant - London, UK
Functional Pre Sales Consultant - London, UK
Guidewire Software has an outstanding track record of delivering proven, modern software to run mission-critical insurance operations, including underwriting, policy, billing and claim management. We have an unparalleled track record of implementation successes and customer satisfaction. Based on this reputation, we enjoy enviable market momentum for the core suite of insurance products we offer.
The Guidewire sales team consists of a select team of sales executives and sales consultants. Sales executives are responsible for prospecting, managing the sales cycle, building customer relationships, and closing sales. Sales consultants are responsible for understanding detailed customer needs, defining how Guidewire solutions can meet those needs, and persuading through tailored proposals and demonstrations the superiority of our proven solution. Our compensation structure provides a significant bonus for achieving and exceeding team objectives.
Sales Consultants work side by side with prospects, striving to understand client business goals and objectives and then map our solution to meet stated needs. Sales Consulting requires a unique blend of business process expertise, listening skill, technical design creativity, and exceptional communication/presentation skills.
Key activities for the Sales Consultant include:
- Expertise in presenting and demonstrating the applications that make up the Guidewire Insurance Platform
- Serving as a subject matter expert in the core operations of a non-life Insurer
- Engaging in business consulting activities, capable of conducting detailed prospect interviews.
- Responding to requests for information or proposal, both written and oral.
- Preparing solution demonstrations tailored to customer requirements.
- Maintaining personal demonstration environment, including business user configuration
- Providing input and feedback to Product Development and Product Management
- Proven as pre-sales/consulting/subject matter expert in the implementation of enterprise software solutions
- Experience in the London Markets Insurance industry – or proven ability as a subject matter expert in a similar vertical
- Ability to understand business process needs and to conceptualize which needs can be satisfied through our software
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent presentation skills across a range of audiences frontline personnel to senior, C-level executives
- Demonstrated ability to understand business process needs and to conceptualize which needs can be satisfied through our software, and an innate ability to interact with the customer spontaneously and intelligently
- Broad knowledge of modern enterprise software technologies
- An innate ability to interact with customers and prospects spontaneously and intelligently
- A desire to learn and thirst for knowledge
- Enterprise software implementation experience
- Solid understanding of XML, HTML, SQL, scripting languages, etc.
Ability to travel up to 60% is required for Pre-Sales Consultants, in order to be on-site with our customers and prospects, with some week-to-week variance
Our customers are insurance companies, and insurance software is surprisingly complex, mission-critical to the business, difficult to get right, and actually a lot of fun to work on. We provide a platform based on three elements: core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement (or “core,” “data,” and “digital” for short), which work together to strengthen insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers, agents, and employees. We serve more than 200 customers in more than 20 countries, executing more than 300 Guidewire product implementations. We deploy small, highly-skilled Guidewire teams and work with more than 5,000 partners to scale globally.
Meet Some of Guidewire's Employees
Product Management Manager
Olga encourages and empowers her team to recognize and interpret customer needs so that their important input can be incorporated into continuous product evolution.
Back to top