Functional Consultant – France, EMEA Field
- Paris, France
Architect - Functional Consultant (French Speaking) - EMEA
Location: Remote EMEA, commuting to customer sites in Europe
Fluency in French & English is required
German is an added bonus
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
The Professional Services Organization:
We deploy small, highly-skilled team of Implementation and Integration consultants/experts. We send a small team of Subject Matter Experts who work in tandem with the insurance company’s internal team, and partners, to address their needs, and become a trusted technical advisor and mentor. Our software is incredibly complex and well-tested – over 2,000 person years’ invested in our products so far.
As an Implementation consultant, you will work with the customer Product Owner, business analysts and subject matter experts to define requirements and schedule project deliverables. You will perform hands-on configuration to our products which involves writing code to reflect business logic into the system. The key tool is GOSU which is our internal Language. You will work with our Guidewire tools tailored for Guidewire needs and act as a mentor to the customer’s and partner-s team members. Throughout the course of the engagement, you as an Implementation consultant will provide an appropriate level of knowledge transfer as to ensure continued success for the customer and partner following Guidewire’s participation on-site.
In order to be successful, you will need to have the following:
- Good client facing skills and enjoy working onsite.
- JAVA, J2EE, SQL, XML experience – we do facilitate a technical test as part of the selection process;
- Consultant must understand the concepts of relational databases.
- Strong OO design, development and test skills with proven patterns knowledge, exceptional documentation skills, and the ability to communicate your thought process;
- Be prepared to write and review code, providing recommendations to customers and partners
- Enterprise software product implementation experience within complex, enterprise environments;
- Leading and collaborating across multi-functional teams on complex large-scale projects in multiple locations;
- Takes full responsibility for the definition, documentation, and successful completion of complex projects, ensuring that realistic project, quality, change control, dependencies, and risk management processes are maintained;
- Understands the internal dynamics of customers and partners to facilitate project plans and execution
- Seen as the trusted advisor: collaborates with customers, partners, and colleagues to understand and address complex business problems;
- Program/Stakeholder communication. Implements a communications strategy to address a variety of needs
- Takes responsibility for understanding customer requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis, and problem resolution;
- Coaching and mentoring other team members as necessary on tools and methodology
- Experience in AGILE methodology and project management;
- Curiosity based on genuine love of technology and solving tough technical problems;
Customer Success through collaboration on-site. To accomplish that we employ a flexible travel schedule of traveling to the customer on Mondays to return on Thursday which has been called the 3-4-5 in the industry: 3 nights away, 4 days onsite, with the fifth day working from home. We have a Global Mobility team to ensure you have the right support.
Benefits: We know that people work based on incentives so we have an exceptional and rational compensation policy. We pay base, performance incentives, and long term cash incentives (LTI), as well as a number of other benefits such as pension and healthcare and opportunity to. See and hear from our employees at: careers.guidewire.com and read about our core values of integrity, rationality and collegiality in everything that we do.
Back to top