Escalation Manager, Customer & Cloud Operations - Weekend Shift
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The Escalation Manager is a highly customer-focused, operational leader who is responsible for Guidewire Software’s Escalation Response Management. As a member of the Customer and Cloud Operations organization, the Escalation Manager should have strong technical knowledge of complex SaaS systems and deep experience leading internal and external rapid response to high severity incidents.
The Escalation Manager drives definition, training and improvement of consistent practices to successfully address Severity-1 customer escalations, with a high sense of urgency. This responsibility includes collaborating and partnering with the entire organization and other departments to drive action and foster growth. As a member of the Customer and Cloud Operations organization, the Escalation Manager is both technically competent and business oriented.
Guidewire Software builds core applications that companies use to sell insurance policies, settle claims, and bill their customers. We also have a portfolio of products serving the innovative needs of our customers in areas such as digital online portals, and data analytics. We serve customers all over the world, helping them handle billions of dollars of business. This is a lucrative and underserved market, and we have grown rapidly through a combination of quality products, excellent service, innovative technology, and a passionate belief in our core values of rationality, collegiality & integrity.
Customer and Cloud Operations teams are passionate about helping our customers to fully realize the business value of their investments in Guidewire Software products and services. We are seeking an experienced support escalation manager who has successfully handled customer escalations as part of a 24x7 cloud-application support team, in a customer environment with strict Service Level requirements and high expectations for customer service.
· Ensures efficient and consistent practices to successfully address Severity-1 customer escalations, with focus on rapid resolution and transparent communication
· Works with Guidewire teams within and outside of Customer and Cloud Operations to analyze and improve existing processes for Escalation Management
· Performs process and customer skills training as well as corresponding Escalation Management exercises to help us achieve high levels of internal/external customer satisfaction
· Leads cross-functional post-incident process reviews to ensure continuous improvement of operations and execution
· The Escalation Manager will have a set schedule that will comprise five shifts per week, including Saturday and Sunday, plus three other shifts. In support of a flexible working arrangement, the remaining three shift schedule can be discussed during the interview process.
· BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical area.
· 3+ years of experience in a technical support environment, handling highly complex issues
· 1+ years managing, coordinating, and ensuring resolution of high-severity customer escalations for cloud-applications
· Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal communications
· Deep experience leading and responding to complex critical incidents
· Strong operational and services experience in a cloud services delivery environment
· Strong technical knowledge of complex systems, ideally in a multi-tenant, cloud environment
· Track record of providing mission critical support to large enterprise customers
· Previous experience in working with global teams.
· Executes with a high level of operational urgency
· Ability to maintain calm, and work closely with a team during a critical situation
· Outstanding communication and collaboration skills
· Deep technical knowledge of multi-tenant, Cloud systems and/or highly complex infrastructure
· Must have expertise in managing enterprise-level escalations.
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple escalations occurring all at once.
· Flexibility, integrity and creative problem-solving skills are a pre-requisite to be successful in this role.
· Must be technically literate and be able to articulate technical issues in a meaningful way to both engineers and executive level management.
· A team player who is influential and builds good working relationships across all functions.
· Excellent project management skills, including demonstrated ability to manage projects across teams where influencing skills are required.
· Ability to respond to high-profile, high-impact customer/product escalations in a way that drives customer loyalty.
· Experience developing and maintaining productive relationships across organizations to ensure that business initiatives are completed, and business objectives are achieved.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Back to top