Director or Senior Director, Engineering Operations and Quality - Foster City, CA
Are you passionate about building quality software? Is your haiku “Help others be productive”? Have you managed large teams and made sure the deliverables met expectations? We are looking for senior managers who can balance the quality and productivity of teams as well as work as a gateway to releasing great software.
As the Director of Engineering Operations and Quality, you will shape processes and teams to help the larger organization develop with less friction and increased quality. You will help define the development and delivery pipeline ensuring fast and efficient software delivery. You will work with customers to resolve issues and ensure quality throughout the development and release process. Guidewire’s Insurance Suite platform is used by Insurance companies to operate their business at high efficiency. You will work in a highly collaborative environment in agile, cross-functional teams.
What you would do
- Mentor and help teams achieve their goals with quality
- Own the quality of the portfolio of services that are developed by Guidewire Engineering
- Lead QA Portfolio teams across all our products lines
- Lead the Engineering Services and Engineering DevOps
- Build and manage Centers of Excellence around QA automation
- Lead effort around CI/CD to support both legacy as well as cloud deployments
- Lead the performance testing effort for the portfolio of services
- Productize testing and socialize with downstream teams
- Encourage teams to own, troubleshoot & resolve code defects
- Mentor other developers in best practices
- Lead the delivery and release processes through Engineering to all customers, internal and external
What you would need to succeed
- Emphasize team wins over individual success
- Set clear and company aligned goals for teams and individuals and help them succeed
- Automate all possible tasks and reduce QA footprint to free up resources
- Strong technical communication skills
- Have a solid understanding of software security best practices and ensuring releases meet stringent security guidelines
- Understand SOLID/Hexagonal Architecture and other design principles
- Understand REST APIs
- Understand CI/CD principles
- Understand Release principles for a portfolio of services
- Understand microservices architecture patterns pattern like Service Discovery/API Gateway/Domain Driven Design etc.
- Understand monitoring and tracing of apps for observability
- Understand IaaS abstractions like Kubernetes/Cloud foundry/OpenShift
- Ability to work in an agile fast paced environment
- BS/MS degree (Computer Science or Math)
- 10+ years relevant work experience in Senior Management Level.
Guidewire delivers the software that Property/Casualty (P/C) insurers need to adapt and succeed in a time of rapid industry change. We combine three elements – core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement – into a technology platform that enhances insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees. More than 200 P/C insurers around the world have selected Guidewire. For more information, please visit www.guidewire.com and follow us on twitter: @Guidewire_PandC.
Back to top