DevOps Engineer, Predictive Analytics
Ready for a new challenge? Join Guidewire as a DevOps Engineer in the Predictive Analytics team!
Who We Are, What We Believe, & What We Build
Guidewire is the AWS of insurance. As the market leader, 380 insurance companies run on our mission critical platform. Every second, we support underwriters crafting policies and agents settling claims. We believe that making a great decision should not require 100 in-house data scientists. Our products range from cyber risk quantification to potent ML sandboxes. We are a post-IPO company with the vision to revolutionize insurance, and analytics is a huge part of this. There is a lot to be done.
Our Predictive Analytics product is an advanced, P&C insurance specific machine learning platform that empowers insurers to make smart data-driven decisions throughout the insurance lifecycle. The product is being used by over 40 P&C insurers, supported by a Guidewire team of full stack developers, ML engineers, actuaries and data consultants. Our vision is to build the world’s leading solution to build, enrich, monitor and deploy predictive models for P&C insurers, with a delightful user experience honed for data scientists and actuaries, running in the cloud and powered by the latest ML and data technologies.
Who you are.....you are a talented DevOps Engineer with an impressive range of technical knowledge. You take pride in supporting stable and secure environments for both development and production workloads. You are obsessive about automation and love solving complex technical challenges. You are motivated to learn and support new technologies. You will thrive in a lean, empowered, and collaborative team.
- Building and maintaining CI/CD deployment pipelines
- Securing our environments and workloads
- Working with internal development teams to understand and meet functional requirements.
- Ensuring fault tolerance to meet strict SLA’s
- Working independently within a team and prioritising work effort
- Automating infrastructure and platform provisioning
- Monitoring performance and capacity and responding to alerts
What are we looking for...
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent level of demonstrable professional competency
- Strong experience with AWS cloud stack
- Experience with CI/CD and related tools such as TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Git
- Experience with logging and monitoring systems such as DataDog
- Broad technical skill set, ideally including many of Python, Powershell, JSON, YAML, Docker, Kubernetes, CloudFormation, Terraform, Networking, Security, Databases, Windows and Linux administration, and JIRA
- 3 or more years of related Industry experience required
- 3 or more years of hands-on experience as an engineer / architect in AWS cloud
- 3 or more years of working experience with CI/CD, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS technologies
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
By clicking the submitting your application on the following page:
1. You consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data outside the country where you live or work, and/or to third parties for the above purposes.
2. In the event that you submit any Sensitive Personal Data, you explicitly consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and transferring your Sensitive Personal Data on the terms and for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
3. You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time and have the right to correct any errors.
4. You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 24 months.