Data Management Support Engineer - (Saturday & Sunday must be covered) - Dublin, Ireland
- Dublin, Ireland
Please note, all weekend's work is required (Negotiable shift pattern during the week but Saturday and Sunday must be covered)
As an Application Engineer passionate about Data Management, you will learn everything there is to know about Guidewire’s Data Hub and Info Center products, and you’ll communicate and share that knowledge with Guidewire’s internal and external customers.
Guidewire’s Customer Support team is part of the Cloud & Customer Operations organization, delivering 24x7 service to customers who are using Guidewire software both on-premise and in the Guidewire Cloud.
We’re searching for people who are as passionate about working together to deliver quality products and support as we are. Join us and enjoy a career where you can make an impact. You'll be inspired by those around you, and you'll be trusted and empowered to go further.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Case Resolution
- Research, thoroughly document, respond to and accurately resolve cases of moderate complexity, in a timely manner and in accordance with the Customer Support Team standards
- Function as primary customer contact for all assigned support cases, meeting Guidewire’s contractual and internal goals for initial response and subsequent customer communication
- Provide expert solutions to customer problems to ensure customer satisfaction
- Escalate customer issues to the Support Manager as appropriate
- Collaborate with development, operations, customer success and sales teams to ensure success with Guidewire products
- Report and supervise software defects with the development team, following up with customers to resolve usage or functional issues
- Responsible for specific customer onboarding tasks; Establishing account and application access
- Coordinate network setup for regular transfer of customer data for use in the products
- Knowledge Management
- Contribute to an environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolution activity, cross-training and an absolute focus on doing what is best for the customer
- Build knowledge base articles and other informational documents to be shared with customers and teammates
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, technical, engineering, or data analytics related field
- 2-3 years’ experience supporting end users of SaaS products
- Strong knowledge of relational database theory, data mapping, data modeling
- Knowledge of data-warehousing, Data Marts (including star and snowflake schemas) and BI
- 3+ years of experience in database administration (Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server)
- Fluency in SQL scripting (TSQL and/or PL/SQL), including query optimization
- Experience working with Cognos for report design and maintenance
- Experience with ETL tools such as SAP Business Objects, Informatica, SSIS
- Experience with case management/ticketing systems such as Salesforce.com or Service Now
- Familiarity with Java and XML
- Experience working with customer relationship management systems (e.g., Salesforce) and/or software defect tracking systems (e.g., Jira)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)(Bonus)
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills; ability to think critically and display an aptitude for problem-solving
- Employ sound business judgement when making business decisions
- Use creative and innovative ways to tackle problems
- Display a good work ethic and go above and beyond to get the job done
- Demonstrate strong follow-through and consistently keep commitments to customers and employees
- Display an understanding of the customer’s needs and a strong commitment to customer satisfaction
- Ensure that each and every customer is handled with a consummately professional demeanour and the highest possible level of service
- Demonstrable ability to work closely with others in a technical project environment
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the insurance industry or prior experience on an insurance-related project is a bonus
- Experience with Kibana; Elastic Stack
- Experience with Python
- Experience with JSON
- Experience with streaming data processing technologies such as Kafka and Spark
- You will be part of a team-based at our company office in Dublin
- We provide 24x7 support to our customers, so we expect you to take turns with your teammates being on-call for after-hours production emergencies
- Weekend support coverage is required
- Travel – Expect occasional travel (less than 5%) to other Guidewire offices for training and meetings
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
By clicking the submitting your application on the following page:
1. You consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data outside the country where you live or work, and/or to third parties for the above purposes.
2. In the event that you submit any Sensitive Personal Data, you explicitly consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and transferring your Sensitive Personal Data on the terms and for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
3. You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time and have the right to correct any errors.
4. You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 24 months.
Back to top