Consulting Manager, GSC
Consulting Manager, GSC - Kuala Lumpur
We know who we are, Guidewire is a software company.
Our customers are insurance companies, and insurance software is surprisingly complex, mission-critical to the business, difficult to get right, and actually a lot of fun to work on. We provide a platform based on three elements: core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement (or “core,” “data,” and “digital” for short), which work together to strengthen insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers, agents, and employees. We serve more than 200 customers in more than 20 countries, executing more than 300 Guidewire product implementations.
This role will be responsible for managing a team of Guidewire consultants who lead and execute the completion of software product implementation projects in the professional services arena, ensuring customer success. In this critical role, you will be responsible for on boarding and ongoing performance and development of a staff of consultants to ensure their success and continued development within Guidewire, and supporting resource/capacity planning of projects.
You will also be responsible for leading initiatives within Kuala Lumpur such as hiring process, building of documentation relating to best practices, training & technical workshops.
Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for line management of a group of functional and technical consultants based in Kuala Lumpur
- Onboard new consultants, conduct quarterly (performance) check-ins, request/deliver feedback, and create/track individual development plans
- Provide necessary coaching and ensure staff is receiving project mentoring
- Engage in capacity/resource planning in coordination with staffing resource manager
- Lead organizational efforts such as workforce planning, knowledge management, and succession planning
- Lead organisation wide initiatives such as organizing training programs, technical workshops.
- Lead initiatives to improve current processes such as hiring, on boarding, career development as well as new processes to improve the organisation.
- Participate in candidate interviews and hiring decisions, help train others in the hiring process
- Manage performance issues and any arising internal conflict to resolution
- make recommendations for promotions and/or salary actions by gathering necessary feedback for informed decision-making
- Ensure available training and collateral (e.g. new product roll-out or skills development) is communicated to staff
- Monitor usage of paid time off and study leave to ensure compliance and ensure work/life balance
- Coordinate and project manage completion of internal initiatives as assigned
- Provide necessary mentoring and support to consultant as needed
- Serves as mediator to internal issues and conflicting priorities for members of cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing solutions to clients
- Experience as a people manager in a consulting organization or similar services organization within a software product company. You may have come from a technical background, having moved into a people and project management capacity
- Previous consulting background and experience in a technology environment a must
- Demonstrated success with aligning teams to meet company and functional objectives
- Demonstrated success as a manager with ability to hire, mentor, coach and develop Consulting staff
- Must be able to work in a fast paced and passionate environment
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent from third-level or higher education institution
Guidewire has pursued one mission from its founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation core systems — policy, claims, and billing — to the global property-casualty (general) industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core system platform. We have recruited extensively among experts in the industry to ensure that we learn from veterans of insurance system design and implementation. Today, insurance experience is pervasive throughout the Guidewire organization, especially in our Product Management and Implementation Services groups. The company is headquartered in Foster City, California, US with offices in London, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong Poland and Dublin and now Malaysia. Guidewire is publicly traded on NYSE under symbol: GWRE
Keywords : Java, C#, J2EE, XML, Enterprise Java, JEE, Core Java Technology, Core J2EE Technology, Java developer, Java programmer, Java Software Engineer, JSF, Struts, Hibernate, Software Engineer, Agile, Scrum, Object Oriented, OO Coding, ERP, CRM, BI, Enterprise Software, integration, configuration
Meet Some of Guidewire's Employees
Product Management Manager
Olga encourages and empowers her team to recognize and interpret customer needs so that their important input can be incorporated into continuous product evolution.
Back to top