Consultant, Solution Enablement - Dublin, Ireland
Consultant, Solution Enablement - Dublin, Ireland
We know who we are. Guidewire is a software company.
We are Guidewire Software, and we're perhaps the best company to work for that you've never heard of. We are proud to be voted a “Top 3” employer on Glassdoor by our own employees and positioned as a market leader by industry experts like Gartner. We serve the second-largest financial services industry in the world (after banking), worth $2 trillion USD. We build the core applications that companies use to sell insurance policies, settle claims, and bill their customers. We also have a portfolio of products serving the innovative needs of our customers in areas such as data management, digital online portals, and predictive analytics. We serve customers all over the world, helping them handle billions of dollars of business. This is a lucrative and underserved market, and we have grown rapidly through a combination of quality products, excellent service, innovative technology, and a passionate belief in our core values of rationality, collegiality & integrity
To solidify our successful implementation track record, we developed the Solution Enablement role to act as the liaison between Professional Services, QA, and Development during our implementations. Our Solution Enablement Consultants are consultants to our consultants. They provide troubleshooting, diagnosis, and escalation of Guidewire implementation related issues for our Services Consultants and for our Partners. They are experts in their areas and perform detailed analysis on project issues to determine causes and appropriate solutions. They have substantial depth of experience in integrations and have demonstrated abilities in successfully resolving challenging situations. They provide general assistance to their peers in the field in all areas and are looked upon as being experts on Guidewire products.
- Collaborate within the Solution Enablement Team, Consulting Enablement team, customer support team, with product development, QA, and professional services to resolve problems, optimize processes, and provide product feedback;
- Solution Consultants are responsible for developing mastery of at least two functional or technical areas of the products they support, along with substantial competence in the remaining areas of these products.
- You will be motivated by new challenges and enjoy the exposure to a broad range of projects touching on different areas including Angluar JS , EXTJS etc.
Solution Enablement Consultants may be assigned responsibility for establishing regular communication and reporting on outstanding issues. The successful Consultant is expected to work closely with our implementation teams while making sure that our product management and engineering staff is kept abreast of product strengths and weaknesses. The position requires a unique blend of technical expertise and strong collaboration skills.
Required Skills & Experience:
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent from third-level or higher education institution
- Experience working in a development, analyst and/or application support role
- Advanced exposure to broad technical skills such as Object Oriented programming (JAVA), relational databases (data modelling/SQL), web UI (design and development), XML, application architecture
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, enhance, test, and deploy complicated integration software
- Ability to work with services consultants to review technical designs and participate in code reviews
- Experience with and understanding of web/J2EE architecture
- Fast learner that can think out of the box and come up with creative solutions, while multi-tasking.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of the insurance industry or prior implementation experience on an insurance related project
- Software development lifecycle exposure (AGILE) preferred
- Experience with Tomcat, Web Logic, Websphere, and Windows 2003 Server
As a team, our mission is to provide distinguished consulting and support services to prospects, partners, and customers which result in 100 percent reference-able customers which guides us in all that we do.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
The company is headquartered in Foster City, California, US with offices in London, Dublin, Paris, Munich, Madrid, Poland, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong. Guidewire is owned by its employees and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the call sign GWRE.
Meet Some of Guidewire's Employees
Product Management Manager
Olga encourages and empowers her team to recognize and interpret customer needs so that their important input can be incorporated into continuous product evolution.
Back to top