Collaboration Tools Admin (DevSecOps)
- Chennai, India
As Collaboration Tools Admin for Guidewire’s DevSecOps team, you will do administration, integration and projects of various collaboration tools under DevSecOps team. You will help to define the best practices and methodologies for tools administration, identify automatable items and work with stake holders and automation engineers to make it a seamless offering from DevSecOps.
- We live by our core principles of integrity, rationality, and collegiality. Your first responsibility is always to adhere to these principles in everything that you do.
- An understanding of the sense of urgency involved in a production system setting and the implications of any changes made to such.
- Understand all aspects of the Guidewire Cloud operating model and work directly with our internal operational teams to identify key challenges and opportunities for improvement through tooling and automation.
- Ensure that we meet our milestones and maintain strict client SLAs and their defined KPIs.
- Work in an agile team, handle on-call, and support deliverables in production
- Ability to rapidly absorb new technologies and have the desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Support JIRA/Confluence/Crowd administration
- Support Slack, Miro and Aha
- Work on integrations between tools
- Active role in upgrading JIRA/Confluence/Crowd
- Occasional scripting using Scriptrunner
- Handle tickets based on SLA
- Identify automation needed and work with stakeholders and automation engineers
- Puts customer satisfaction as top priority.
- Develop/change workflows, implement issue security schemes taking into account security for a customer facing instance
- Adhere to all DevSecOps processes.
- 3-4 years of system administration experience of Atlassian systems (Crowd, JIRA server, Jira Cloud Confluence)
- Experience in upgrading Crowd Server, JIRA Server, Confluence Server
- Experience in customizing Jira workflows, schemes, developing issue security schemes based on user requirements.
- Experience migrating issues from Jira server or other systems like Rally
- Experience using add-ons such as ScriptRunner, Portfolio for Jira, CLI Import for Jira,
- Automation for Jira
- Knowledge for recommended best practices for Jira
- Experience is setting up Confluence spaces and global templates and setting up space restrictions
- Experience in configuring Crowd to support the single sign on for Jira and Confluence
- Scripting experience using Scriptrunner for JIRA/Confluence
- Experience developing custom plugins for JIRA/Confluence
- Basic Linux administration skills
- Basic database administration skills (needed for troubleshooting issues)
- Experience in Tomcat server configuration & tuning, JVM tuning, Apache and Nginx server configuration/administration
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Have Agile, systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Experience in designing, analyzing and solving problems for large-scale distributed systems
- Passionate about quality, mentoring junior candidates and in general a great team player
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent from higher education institution
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently while interacting with peers and engineers who often excel at these capabilities as well
- Experience working in an environment where cloud or off-premise enterprise applications have been utilized
- Passion for automation over repetitive manual work
- Ability to quickly learn complex systems and new technologies
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Back to top