Cloud Solution Engineering Director, San Mateo CA or Remote
Solution Engineering Director
The role involves providing leadership to a team of experienced individual contributors, managers and contributing individually to the delivery of multidisciplinary projects and programs. The primary focus is supporting the Sales community to deliver complex cross-product solution demonstrations to prospective customers. The role involves interfaces directly with senior leadership within sales and product development.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Drives technical and cultural transformations with a highly motivated, self-starter mentality
• Thrives in a dynamic environment and is unfazed by change or ambiguity with exceptional organizational and planning skills, demonstrating flexibility.
• Cares deeply about culture and values, and can be a steward for transparency, collaboration, inclusiveness, accountability and experimentation
• Delivers operational excellence by implementing and maintaining effective and efficient processes that create systems that are aligned with the organization’s business objectives.
• Motivates the team as an inspirational communicator, with outstanding communication and presentation skills, including the ability to effectively interface with business, executive, and technical teams.
• Clearly articulates the Solution Engineering Cloud vision and strategy across executive leadership.
• Benchmarks key metrics and directs the collection of data to demonstrate value.
• Ensures strong feedback loops between the Solution Engineering team, sales and development teams.
• Manages complex and large-scale cloud projects.
• Possesses knowledge of industry trends and current best practices and is a lifelong learner with the desire to motivate others while creating a culture of continuous learning.
• Exhibits a relentless attention to detail with strong analytical and critical reasoning skills.
• Creates an environment focused on continuous improvement.
• Possesses extensive experience with cloud services in the areas of SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS
• Has led organizations with an emphasis on consultative, proactive support and delivering tangible, high-value customer outcomes with a minimum of 15 or more years experience and leadership positions including at least 10 years in leadership role.
• Bachelors Eng. degree Master's degree preferred or commensurate experience
• ITIL professional qualification in Service Management would be a plus
- Java language fundamentals (interfaces, inheritance, polymorphism, threading)
- Java EE technology (Application servers, JSP, Servlets)
- Integration mechanisms (messaging, synchronous, asynchronous, JMS, MQ, SOAP, REST)
- Web presentation and control layer technology (JSF, Struts, AJAX)
- Databases (SQL, transactions, isolation levels, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Data persistence strategies (ORM, Hibernate)
- Distributed computing infrastructure (caching, coherence, network topology)
- Security fundamentals (authentication, authorization, LDAP)
- Computational complexity (orders-of-growth, basic algorithms)
- Cloud computing fundamentals, Docker, Kuberbetes, AWS
- Source control and build frameworks (Subversion,Git, Jenkins, Teamcity)
- Software testing and test frameworks (JUnit, TestNG, Selenium)
Back to top