Cloud Programs Coordination Manager
- Dublin, Ireland
Cloud Programs Coordination Manager
We are looking for a Cloud Programs Coordination Manager to join our Guidewire Customer and Cloud Operations (CCO) organization. The Cloud Programs Coordination Manager will be based in our Dublin office and will report to a Director within the CCO organization.
The CCO team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Guidewire’s software products and hosted infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help build Guidewire’s future business by shaping the future of how technology is used as a Software Service supporting the Insurance business.
We are Guidewire Software, and we're perhaps the best company to work for that you've never heard of. We are proud to be voted a “Top 3” employer on Glassdoor by our own employees and positioned as a market leader by industry experts like Gartner. We serve the second-largest financial services industry in the world (after banking), worth $2 trillion USD. We build the core applications that companies use to sell insurance policies, settle claims, and bill their customers. We also have a portfolio of products serving the innovative needs of our customers in areas such as data management, digital online portals, and predictive analytics. We serve customers all over the world, helping them handle billions of dollars of business. This is a lucrative and underserved market, and we have grown rapidly through a combination of quality products, excellent service, innovative technology, and a passionate belief in our core values of rationality, collegiality & integrity.
As a Cloud Programs Coordination Manager for Guidewire’s Customer and Cloud Operations organization, you will provide project management and play a key role in the ongoing development and maturity of the Guidewire Cloud offering. You will work with senior management on defining project deliverables pertinent to the CCO organization, identifying and leveraging of initiatives across multiple projects, and play a leadership role as a part of cross-functional teams that design and deliver solutions focused on the business requirements of our Guidewire Cloud hosted customers. You are motivated to deliver exceptional customer experience and to solve real customer problems.
On a day to day basis, you may be involved in project management and coordination required in the areas of service management, system restoration, cloud infrastructure, information security, product update planning and execution, and “devops” tasks such as build and release management. You will contribute to the definition of overall program methodologies and best practices. No matter what task you face on a given day, you will collaborate closely with an impressive team of peers whose primary goal is our customer’s success. We particularly value demonstrated leadership capability and presence, project management experience, excellent organization skills, negotiation skills, and of course the ability to work well as part of an overall organization.
- We live by our core principles of integrity, rationality, and collegiality. Your first responsibility is always to adhere to these principles in everything that you do.
- This is often a customer facing role and a priority is placed on exceptional customer service skills including but not limited to professional communication capability, timely response procedures, and understanding the sense of urgency that is characteristic of any production system setting.
- Understand all aspects of the Guidewire Cloud operating model and work directly with our customers to ensure they understand and are prepared to successfully operate in this service-based subscription model.
- Work closely with all parties involved in implementation or cloud migration programs (including Guidewire Professional Services, System Integration Partners, and customer resources) to effectively facilitate cross-functional planning and prioritization meetings.
- Identify, coordinate, and manage tasks pertaining to the preparation and launch into the Guidewire Cloud.
- Provide regular project updates/dashboards to executive stakeholders and project team members.
- Drive, align and work effectively with cross-functional teams across various disciplines (business, product, technology, corporate development, etc.), who may have competing priorities.
- Proactively identify and escalate issues and obstacles to successful project implementation.
- Develop and deliver internal/external communication plans regarding status updates and change management
- Work products include but are not limited to executive and operational dashboards, project plans, risk logs, project briefs, process plans, project status presentations, etc.
- Advocate for the importance of our Cloud Assurance program and ensure customers understand our recommendations and are executing on those recommendations to optimize their Guidewire solutions.
- Challenge and identify ways to continuously improve our internal service management capabilities by understanding our customer’s unique needs.
- Ability to clearly communicate functional and technical requirements to a remote team.
- Contribute to a team environment that will have both local and remote leadership.
- This role will require ability to travel onsite to U.S. and/or Canadian customers on a scheduled basis. Travel is estimated at maximum of 20% but may increase for short periods around key customer delivery dates.
- This role has potential for occasional travel to other Guidewire offices (U.S. and international).
- Guidewire Cloud is a service offering with defined contractual SLA’s. While the scope of daily activities will generally fall during normal business hours of the customer, occasional high priority work outside of established business hours may be necessary (i.e., to help with urgent customer issues).
- Preference given to candidates that have 5+ years of experience leading and managing enterprise software implementation teams (or team tracks) within a corporate IT or consulting environment
- Preference given to candidates that have strong technical and software engineering background in particular in the areas of Cloud Computing (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), enterprise computing, servers, networking, and virtualization technology and products
- Comfort being in a dynamic role that is not always fully defined and that will mature with our solution offerings
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated Project Management experience
- Demonstrated problem solving skills performed in a time-sensitive environment
- Experience using an Agile based methodology
- Proven ability to influence customers and build relationships, both with “on the ground” resources and those in Management/Executive roles
- Ability to quickly triage customer issues and prioritize tasks (i.e., differentiate between production issues and future enhancement work)
- Experience working in an environment where cloud or off-premise enterprise applications have been utilized
- Experience with commercial software such as customer incident tracking systems, work effort management, etc.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or knowledge is not necessary, but is nice to have
- “Devops” experience is not necessary but is nice to have
- Guidewire projects experience would be preferred but not a must have
- Track record of successful project management and team leadership with demonstrated ability to work with distributed remote agile teams
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with leadership and project stakeholders across cross-functional team to deliver on tactical project milestones
- Ability to engage with and guide technical teams to successfully define and deliver on project roadmaps and milestones
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently while interacting with peers and engineers who often excel at these capabilities as well
- Proven experience with complete product life cycle in a production services environment, including design, implementation, load and scale testing, deployment and maintenance
- Proficiency in using project management, planning, tracking, collaboration, and financial tools
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science (B.S., B.A.) or equivalent from higher education institution
- Authorized to work in EMEA
Meet Some of Guidewire's Employees
Sam D.Senior Software Engineer
Sam collaborates with product designers to turn their visions into reality. She also ensures they’re building the right products in the right time frame.
Back to top