Guidewire is seeking an experienced Cloud Operations Engineer to support the design, implementation, and on-going maintenance of our Production Cloud Solutions. Your job will be to help ensure that our customer applications, services and websites are available, performing well and are highly automated. The successful candidate will have a good mix of deep technical knowledge and a demonstrated background managing Cloud Applications.
- Monitor and Support customer CI/CD environment ensuring that the infrastructure is available and running
- Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve any issues that impact the customer ability to successfully execute CI/CD functions
- Work with stakeholders to drive scope definition, specifications, and architecture of Deployment Tools & Processes for AWS Cloud
- Work closely with engineers, test engineers, product owners and management to understand requirements, define and implement best practices and standards around DevOps and Service Resilience
- Measurement, optimization, and tuning of system performance and ensuring that systems will run reliably and are highly available in a 24/7 production environment
- Define, implement and document operational processes and procedures, with periodic review for efficiency and improvement
- Manage complex projects from inception to completion
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation monitoring systems for meeting defined SLAs
Required Skills and Experiences
- Strong foundation with incident, problem and change management. ITIL knowledge and experience is required.
- 2+ years hands-on experience with AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, Route 53, IAM, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience using CI/CD tools (git, Jenkins, Bitbucket, AWS Code Pipeline, Nexus, Artifactory, Terraform, CloudFormation)
- 2 years of experience with modern automation, DevOps, and Agile development
- Networking fundamentals including VPNs, DNS, subnetting, route tables, firewalls, etc
- Understanding of AWS security and monitoring and experience implementing best practices
- Experience with Monitoring and Alerting Tools: CloudWatch, Grafana, Zabbix, PagerDuty, Site24x7, Sumologic, Nagios
- Experience with configuration management (Chef or Ansible)
- Experience administering infrastructure for traditional monolithic web-based business applications
- Highly proficient in Linux administration
- Experience with coding / scripting languages (Bash, Python, Ruby)
- Excellent communication, troubleshooting, and analytical skills
- Work weekends (Negotiable shift pattern but Saturday and Sunday must be covered)
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.