Cloud Architect - San Mateo, CA
We are on the hunt for a talented Cloud Architect to manage our company's cloud architecture and position in cloud environments. You will play a strategic role in maintaining all cloud systems including the front-end platforms, servers, storage, and management networks.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cloud computing and technology systems, as well as experience designing and transferring applications to the cloud. You should have a positive attitude and excellent communication skills to effectively share your knowledge.
- Create a well-informed cloud strategy and manage the adaption process.
- Regularly evaluate cloud applications, hardware, and software.
- Develop and organize cloud systems.
- Work closely with IT security to monitor the company's cloud privacy.
- Respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Offer guidance in infrastructure movement techniques including bulk application transfers into the cloud.
- Identify the top cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the company.
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering or information systems or related field (or equivalent experience) required
- 3 + Experience designing and maintaining AWS-based systems
- Good understanding of AWS networking
- Experience in establishing Enterprise VPN and Amazon VPC integration with data center
- Experience in migration of on-premises workloads, databases and applications to AWS Cloud
- Good understanding of DevOps and Ci/CD
- Good understanding of Kubernetes, Pods and Dockers
- Comprehensive understanding of cloud delivery models: PaaS, SaaS and IaaS.
- 7+ years Infrastructure management/architecture experience
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Satellite etc.
- Is self-motivated and able to define, plan and implement long-term goals, tasks and projects
- Ability to technically lead a project through the lifecycle and consult with the customer on business requirements
- Excellent problem solving, multitasking, troubleshooting skills and attention to details are required to work in this challenging and dynamic environment
- Very strong interpersonal, customer service, result oriented and team building skills are essential
- AWS Cloud Architect certification will be a plus.
Back to top