Cloud Account Executive - Remote, US
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software is seeking an experienced enterprise SaaS / Cloud sales Executive to build upon and expand its strong market position with P&C Carriers in the United States and Canada. This individual will work closely with the software sales Account Executives and serve as the Cloud / SaaS overlay and expert.
The candidate will be backed by world class Account Executive team, cloud operations, cloud services, infosec, pre-sales, sales operations, value consulting, marketing and inside sales organization so that he/she can focus on achieving sales objectives. This individual will align with Account Executives and Cloud Operations teams to help ensure successful transition of net new and existing on premise clients to Guidewire IS Cloud SaaS platform.
The ideal candidate will have deep experience selling enterprise SaaS solutions. Candidate must have excellent presentation and client communication skills and be comfortable presenting both technical and business topics to business and C-Level executives. Strong background and knowledge in Cloud Delivery, Operations, and InfoSec requirements are a must. Background selling to or engagement with large property and casualty insurance companies a plus.
Required skills/experience include:
- 5+ years’ experience selling SaaS solutions to Fortune 500 organizations
- Thorough understanding of the enterprise sales cycle and show a methodical approach to moving opportunities through this cycle
- Software industry experience in the following areas: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, business applications and/or analytics
- Direct sales experience selling enterprise software to mid-size to large enterprises
- Experience influencing at (C-suite) executive level and addressing key business issues
- Outstanding oral communication, liaison and representation skills
- Comfortable working in fast-growing and changing environments
- Well-developed writing skills and the ability to proof read own material and that of others.
- Ability to work in conjunction with Account Executive and other GW stakeholders in a team environment.
- Ability to analyze market trends and business data to identify areas for improvement and new market potential
Key activities for the Account Executive include:
- Help articulate cloud visions and SaaS offerings to new and existing clients
- Proactive development of existing and new business customers in assigned territory
- Build and maintain relationships with key prospects and decision makers.
- Lead and personally undertake Sales activities from initial contact until sale closure.
- Orchestrate and align decision makers around a common objective; evangelizing the value of Guidewire products
- Utilize a consultative sales process; challenging companies/businesses to think differently
- Arrange and participate in technical and sales presentations to clients.
- Maintain a solid knowledge of the Company’s SaaS offerings and underlying technology.
- Work closely with Cloud Operations and InfoSec and be able to articulate our capabilities in these areas to prospects
- Analyze competitor offering and activities and provide feedback into sales strategy, marketing strategies and product development.
- Present regular detailed reports to Management regarding Sales and Marketing activities and success rates.
Back to top