Chief Architect, Digital - Foster City, CA
Are you an experienced technical leader of digital teams?
We are seeking a seasoned architect with at least 10 years of experience in designing digital products to lead a globally distributed team. You will provide architectural guidance to multiple agile teams as we evolve our digital product portfolio, and you will collaborate with all Guidewire product teams to help drive the transition to cloud. The chief architect is expected to be self-driven, take charge in identifying and fixing problems, and excel in a collaborative, rapidly growing, and constantly changing environment.
Help shape Guidewire’s technology strategies and system designs by collaborating within Product Development and especially with our Software Architects, driving consensus, and forging new paths as the technical landscape evolves. We have developed a portfolio of digital products that are highly successful. These products are moving toward codeless configuration, and metadata driven UIs. These products will be delivered via the cloud and managed by Guidewire.
Guidewire Software (NYSE: GWRE) is a leading provider of software solutions to the global property-casualty insurance industry. We have over 150 customers, on six continents. The insurance industry is entering a period of intensive adoption of new technology, and Guidewire is recognized as a trusted partner in navigating the resulting disruption.
- Lead design and development of digital products and solutions
- To be successful you must drive consensus and balance the needs of many different constituencies.
- Assess, benchmark and select new technologies to be added to the digital product portfolio
- Ensure solutions can be deployed in a cloud architecture with excellent performance, reliability and security
- Provide evaluation of, guidance to, and mentorship for developers on the digital team
- Work with the team architects to define, communicate, and implement our technical strategies across all Guidewire product families
- Identify areas of architectural risk and work with Product Development senior staff to ameliorate them
- Organize and lead regular architecture discussions
- Work with the product functional leads (Engineering, Product Management, QA, Delivery) to ensure that our technical strategy is aligned with our company and departmental vision
- Reach out to Guidewire Professional Services, Product Marketing and Sales to understand on-going technical requirements and product gaps
- Represent our technical strategy and architecture with prospective customers during sales visits (typically CIOs and Heads of IT)
- Embrace our cultural values of rationality, integrity, and collegiality
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience building enterprise application software products, as well as hosted, cloud-based systems
- Successful technical leadership of a large-scale enterprise software product efforts
- Can lead proof-of-concept and prototyping efforts; can coach other architects to lead
- Demonstrated success in coordinating technical strategy across multiple product families
- Collaborative leadership style and ability to earn the respect of a talented engineering team
- Not shy with opinions, yet more interested in empowering teams than in controlling
- Financial and/or insurance data knowledge helpful.
- Salesforce managed package knowledge helpful.
- Deep, hands-on programming experience, preferably in complex enterprise systems
- Experience with hosted platforms specifically utilizing AWS technologies
- Willingness to travel. Guidewire is a global company and the digital team is distributed across multiple development centers so a willingness to travel is required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- S preferred, B.Sc. degree required in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
Meet Some of Guidewire's Employees
Product Management Manager
Olga encourages and empowers her team to recognize and interpret customer needs so that their important input can be incorporated into continuous product evolution.
Back to top