To achieve our goals and meet rising customer expectations to take on complete leadership and accountability of their strategic transformation programs, we are looking for an experienced Business Architect to join our Cloud Assurance team. Cloud Assurances supports Guidewire's Cloud customers.
*Candidate must be willing and able to travel up to 50% of the time.
Business Architects ensure that the configured solution meets the stakeholders' primary business objectives. Given the size and complexity of a Guidewire implementation project, many considerations come into play over the life of the project, potentially leading to a solution that differs from the original intentions. Business Architects are responsible for enabling customers to understand GW Cloud standard business processes and ensuring customers appropriately leverage Guidewire Applications by reviewing the configuration and integration designs to make certain that the end product is still in line with Guidewire cloud standards and the original business objectives.
The ideal candidate will be engaged throughout Guidewire Cloud Programs to contribute to and ensure we have the right Assurance process and tools, consistency and quality in execution, and insight into overall Assurance health across Cloud programs.
- Participate in Cloud Assurance Services team verifying that all code running in Guidewire Cloud meets industry best practices and fulfills our service-level agreements.
- Work closely with all parties involved in implementation or cloud migration programs (including Guidewire Professional Services, System Integration Partners, and customer resources) to effectively identify, coordinate, and manage tasks pertaining Assurance Services in the Guidewire Cloud.
- Travel to other Guidewire offices (U.S. and international) & Customer Locations
- Enforcing standardized solutions and maximizing value of delivered solutions.
- Training customers/partners to leverage standardized solutions.
- Responsibility working with regions to support cloud opportunities, enabling teams to execute on these engagements, and ensure we consistently deliver Cloud Assurances.
- Driving efficiencies and improvements into our process for Cloud Assurance.
- Enable support and mentor the various Guidewire Cloud Assurance Team.
- Comfort being in a dynamic role that is not always fully defined and that will mature with our solution offerings.
- Review customer business processes and goals, identify improvements and advise/participate in the discussion of business requirements.
- Provide guidance to customers on how to best leverage Guidewire applications and technology to meet customer defined business goals and objectives.
- Work with Guidewire product management/development to share configuration concepts and further develop our core product features.
- Preference given to candidates that have 5+ years of experience leading and managing enterprise software implementation teams (or team tracks) within a corporate IT or consulting environment (Guidewire projects preferred)
- Preference given to candidates that have 2+ years of “hands on” work with Guidewire core applications (PolicyCenter, ClaimCenter, BillingCenter, or Data Management)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Deep industry knowledge of the P&C insurance industry with primary focus on policy and/or underwriting.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- BS or BA degree or relevant work experience
- 7-10 years of experience on technology implementations; preferably leading overall solution design
- Experience working on enterprise technology implementations leveraging agile and understands agile tools and concepts
- Consulting & Leadership Skills - Ability to adapt to various work settings and serve in an advisory/leadership role.
- Ability to handle project management tasks (Scope Control, Budgeting, Estimating, and Resource Management).
- Experience with software implementation project(s) in requirements gathering, functional specifications, QA, user acceptance testing, or training.
- Experience in software package implementation through customization or configuration using agile methodologies.
- Understanding of software concepts (e.g., HTML, XML, Relational DB, reporting tools).
- Understanding of a project life cycle methodology.
- Experience in applying change management concepts on a software implementation project.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders to determine the best solution for a complex problem
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
We have enabled our team to working US-Remote with up to 50% travel. You have flexibility to choose where you are located and work on complex enterprise software implementation/integration projects on customer site.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.