This role requires a willingness and ability to travel 50%
To achieve our goals and meet rising customer expectations to take on complete leadership and accountability of their strategic transformation programs, we are looking for experienced business architects to join our Delivery Services team to help drive our transformational requirements.
Business architects define and document business requirements. They work closely with SMEs, drawing upon the SME's expertise as necessary. The business architects’ key responsibility is in understanding what the true business need is in any requirement – and redefining / aligning them to Guidewire application capabilities. This is critical in ensuring customers get the true value out of the Guidewire applications – that is using as much of the OOTB systems as possible and reducing implementation expense of over-configuring the system.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in agile implementation methodologies and enterprise scale implementations and be able to deliver projects that combined those qualities.
The Delivery Services Organization
We assign a small team of SMEs who work in tandem with the insurance company’s internal team, and partners, to address their needs, and become a trusted technical advisor and mentor. Our software is exceptionally sophisticated and well-tested – with over 2,000 person years invested in our products so far.
- Learn and master the functionality provided by Guidewire application(s) in order to become a customer facing professional services consultant.
- Apply robust product knowledge to understand what can be configured as well as best practices that should be followed during the implementation life cycle
- Provide guidance to customers on how to best leverage Guidewire applications and technology to meet customer defined business goals and objectives.
- As a subject matter expert in the insurance industry, consult with insurance carrier business and technical resources to produce business requirements and business process documents as a functional resource.
- Support estimating the effort required to configure the software.
- Work with Guidewire product management/development to share configuration concepts and further develop our core product features.
- Support planning of user acceptance testing of customer solutions.
- Advise on key trade-offs between scope, schedule, and objectives.
- Communicate with stakeholders to ensure necessary buy-in.
An ideal candidate for a Business Architect is someone with deep knowledge and expertise in the relevant insurance area, as well as experience using technology to meet insurers' need. The recommended skill set for a business architect is listed below:
- Ability to solve complex problems analytically, communicate effectively and research solutions, collaborating with domain specialists where necessary
- Ability to identify when business requirements are not in scope
- Consulting & Leadership Skills along with deep industry knowledge of the P&C insurance industry with a focus on policy and/or underwriting
- Experience with software implementation project(s) in requirements gathering, functional specifications, and user acceptance testing
- Experience in software package implementation through customization or configuration using agile methodologies along with a familiarity with object-oriented design principles and databases.
- Experience in applying change management concepts on a software implementation project
- Outstanding documentation skills, and the ability to facilitate discussions with both technical and business partners
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com
. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com
to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.