Business Architect, 80% Travel - Remote
Remote (any location)
Guidewire Software (NYSE: GWRE) is a leading provider of software solutions to the global property-casualty insurance industry. We have pursued one mission from our founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation Insurance Platform — policy, claims, billing, digital, and data — to the global property-casualty industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core platform. We are expanding our delivery capabilities in order to assist our customers in transforming their businesses and to ensure that each one is successful in this journey. Our investments range from expanding our professional consulting services to providing new instant-on cloud based applications.
In order to achieve deliver on our goals and meet rising customer expectations to take on complete leadership and accountability of their strategic transformation programs, we are looking for experienced business architects to join our teams to help drive our transformational requirements.
The business architect ensures that the configured solution meets the stakeholders' primary business objectives. Given the size and complexity of a Guidewire implementation project, many considerations come into play over the life of the project, potentially leading to a solution that differs from the original intentions.
Business architects are responsible for reviewing the configuration and integration designs and implementations to ensure that the end product is still in line with the original business objectives.
The ideal candidate will be well versed in agile implementation methodologies and enterprise scale implementations and be able to deliver projects that combined those qualities.
- Learn and master the functionality provided by Guidewire application(s) in order to become a customer facing professional services consultant
- Review customer business processes and goals, identify improvements and guide the discussion of business requirements
- Provide guidance to customers on how to best leverage Guidewire applications and technology to meet customer defined business goals and objectives
- As a subject matter expert in insurance, consult with insurance carrier business and technical resources to produce business requirements and functional design documents as a functional resource.
- Partner with client business teams to understand business objectives and integration requirements for business analysis.
- Support estimating the effort required to configure the software.
- Work with Guidewire product management/development to share configuration concepts and further develop our core product features.
- Plan user acceptance testing of customer solutions
- Review overall project and evaluate it against business objectives
- Advise on key trade-offs between scope, schedule, and objectives
- Communicate with stakeholders to ensure necessary buy-in
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BS or BA degree or relevant work experience
- 7-10 years of experience on technology implementations; preferably leading overall solution design
- Experience working on enterprise technology implementations leveraging agile and understands agile tools and concepts
An ideal candidate for a business architect is someone with deep knowledge and expertise in the relevant insurance area, as well as experience using technology to meet insurers' need. The recommended skill set for a business architect is listed below:
- Capability to communicate clearly and efficiently as well as influence outcomes.
- Deep industry knowledge of the P&C insurance industry with primary focus on policy and/or underwriting.
- Consulting & Leadership Skills - Ability to adapt to various work settings and serve in an advisory/leadership role.
- Ability to handle project management tasks (Scope Control, Budgeting, Estimating, and Resource Management).
- Experience with software implementation project(s) in requirements gathering, functional specifications, QA, user acceptance testing, or training.
- Experience in software package implementation through customization or configuration using agile methodologies.
- Understanding of software concepts (e.g., HTML, XML, Relational DB, reporting tools).
- Understanding of a project life cycle methodology.
- Experience in applying change management concepts on a software implementation project.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders to determine the best solution for a complex problem
- Willingness and ability to travel 80%.
Nice to have
- Object oriented programming, XML and hands-on scripting experience.
- Background as a Systems Analyst or Consultant working with Fortune 500 customers.
- Prior experience with Guidewire Software products (InsuranceSuite, InsuranceNow, Digital, etc.) .
- Experience in definition of test scenarios and design of test cases for a software implementation.
- Experience in triaging of defect reports.
- Experience in developing training materials (e.g., formal documentation, user guide).
- Experience in conducting group training sessions.
Team Development Skills
- Shows a track record of building effective in cross functional teams
- Ability to deal with issues directly, firmly, and in a timely manner; doesn’t allow problems to fester
- Ability to negotiate end solutions across different stakeholders
- Ability to mentor business analysts or other team members
Director/Technical equivalent and above
Meet Some of Guidewire's Employees
Product Management Manager
Olga encourages and empowers her team to recognize and interpret customer needs so that their important input can be incorporated into continuous product evolution.
Back to top