Business Analyst, Professional Services - Japan
Business Analyst, Functional
Guidewire Software (NYSE: GWRE) is a leading provider of software solutions to the global property-casualty insurance industry. We have pursued one mission from our founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation Insurance Platform — policy, claims, billing, digital, and data — to the global property-casualty industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core platform. We are expanding our delivery capabilities in order to assist our customers in transforming their businesses and to ensure that each one is successful in this journey. Our investments range from expanding our professional consulting services to providing new instant-on cloud based applications.
In order to achieve deliver on our goals and meet rising customer expectations to take on complete leadership and accountability of their strategic transformation programs, we are looking for experienced business analysts to join our teams to help drive our transformational requirements.
Business analysts define and document business requirements. They work closely with subject matter experts (SMEs), drawing upon the SME's expertise as necessary. The business analysts’ key responsibility is in understanding what the true business need is in any requirement – and transforming / aligning them to Guidewire application capabilities. This is critical in ensuring customers get the true value out of the Guidewire applications – that is leveraging as much of the OOTB systems as possible and reducing implementation expense of over-configuring the system.
The ideal candidate will be well versed in agile implementation methodologies and enterprise scale implementations and be able to deliver projects that combined those qualities.
- Learn and master the functionality provided by Guidewire application(s) in order to become a customer facing professional services consultant
- Understand the needs of multiple stakeholders by identifying the current and future state business processes
- Facilitate the negotiation of requirements amongst multiple stakeholders
- Help business stakeholders envision the future and how their work will need to change to support the future
- Provide advice and recommendations to customer team for aligning business requirements to base product functionality
- Participate in sprint planning and estimate assigned tasks
- Lead requirements gathering sessions
- Create high-level process flows
- Translate business requirements into functional specifications
- Own and update user stories
- Document business rules, configuration requirements, data mappings, typelist values, and layouts for forms and letters
- Coordinate acceptance of completed user stories
- Work with configuration and integration developers to ensure their designs and implementations meet the business requirements
- Work with quality analysts to review test plans and to triage defects
- Willingness and ability to travel 80%
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BS or BA degree or relevant work experience
- 3-5 years of business analyst experience on technology implementations
- Experience working on enterprise technology implementations leveraging agile and understands agile tools and concepts
- Knowledge of the applicable insurance domain (e.g. underwriting, claims, billing, etc.)
- Experience defining business requirements (e.g. process maps, use cases, etc.) for a software project using agile methodologies
- Comfortable working with technology and can demonstrate system functionality
- Ability to solve complex problems analytically
- Ability to research solutions and work with subject matter experts where necessary
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to identify when business requirements are not in scope
- Japanese/Engliesh bilingual language skills required
Team Development Skills
- Shows a track record of working effectively in cross functional teams
- Ability to deal with issues directly, firmly, and in a timely manner; doesn’t allow problems to fester
As a team, our mission is to provide distinguished consulting and support services to prospects, partners, and customers which result in 100 percent reference-able customers which guides us in all that we do.
Guidewire has pursued one mission from its founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation core systems — policy, claims, and billing — to the global property-casualty (general) industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve oneproblem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core system platform. The company is headquartered in Foster City, California, US with offices in London, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Dublin. Guidewire is publicly traded on NYSE under symbol: GWRE
Meet Some of Guidewire's Employees
Product Management Manager
Olga encourages and empowers her team to recognize and interpret customer needs so that their important input can be incorporated into continuous product evolution.
Back to top