Business Analyst (f/m/div)* - Germany
- Munich, Germany
This role can be based in Munich or any other city in Germany
Proficient spoken and written German is a must
Guidewire has embarked on an exciting transformation journey that is driven by a distributed team of high achievers. This group is Agile and creative crafting our technology and product roadmap.
We are looking for a passionate Business Analyst who will play a key role in defining requirements for the EMEA Motor market and support our customers in their strategic groundbreaking programs.
You should understand what the true business needs are and redefining/aligning them to Guidewire application capabilities. This is critical in ensuring customers get the true value out of the Guidewire applications – that is maximizing as much of the OOTB (out of the box) systems as possible and reducing the implementation expense of over-configuring the system.
- Communicate clearly and efficiently as well as influence outcomes
- Lead requirements gathering sessions with the customers
- Translate business requirements into functional specifications
- Document business rules, process flows, configuration requirements, data mappings, type list values, and user stories
- Work with multiple partners to determine the best solution for a complex problem for the German Market
- Understand the needs of multiple partners by identifying the current and future state business processes
- Facilitate the negotiation of requirements among multiple partners
- Provide advice and recommendations to the product team for aligning business requirements to base product functionality
- Work with configuration and integration developers to ensure their design and implementations meet the business requirements
- Give a business-oriented validation for User Stories and UX design
- Collaborate with various cross-functional teams in an Agile way such as Product Managers, Business Owners, Engineering, and Solution Sales
- Willingness and availability to travel 40% of the time
What skills or experience do I need to have?
- Good industry knowledge of the German P&C insurance industry with main focus on claims
- 3 - 5 years of business analyst experience on technology implementations
- Proficient in German and English, spoken and written, is required for this role
- Experience defining business requirements (e.g. process maps, use cases, etc.) for a software project using Agile methodologies
- Comfortable working with technology and can demonstrate system functionalities
- Ability to tackle sophisticated problems analytically and identify when business requirements are not in the scope
- Being able to research solutions and work with domain specialists when needed and the ability to project oneself over several countries in EMEA
- Ability to train and share knowledge with others regarding the P&C insurance
- BS or BA degree or previous similar work experience
- Ability to take care of issues directly, firmly, and on time
- Appetite for learning and a proactive demeanor
*The term gender in the sense of the General Equal Treatment Act (GETA) or other national legislation refers to the biological assignment to a gender group. We make a conscious effort to understand our biases and change our behaviors to build an environment that is truly inclusive and embraces the full strength of our diversity.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Back to top