Architect (Technical Consultant) - Professional Services - DACH
Architect (Technical Consultant) - Professional Services, DACH
Location: Remote EMEA, commuting to customer sites in Europe
Fluency in German language is beneficial
Guidewire exists to deliver the software that P/C insurers need to adapt and succeed in a time of rapid industry change, and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We believe that P/C insurance plays a vital role in protecting people and business, and in enabling society to function. We specialize in serving P/C insurers exclusively, with a focused commitment that puts customer success above all else.
Our core competency is software development. We serve a global community of 300+ insurers in 30+ countries, holding ourselves accountable for ensuring that our customers have the right technology to execute on their promises to policyholders over the long term. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
The Professional Services Organization:
We deploy small, highly-skilled team of functional and technical consultants/experts. We send a small team of Subject Matter Experts who work in tandem with the insurance company’s internal team, and partners, to address their needs, and become a trusted technical advisor and mentor. Our software is incredibly complex and well-tested – over 2,000 person years’ invested in our products so far.
Customer Success through collaboration on-site. To accomplish that we employ a flexible travel schedule of traveling to the customer on Mondays to return on Thursday which has been called the 3-4-5 in the industry: 3 nights away, 4 days onsite, with the fifth day working from home. We have a Global Mobility team to ensure you have the right support.
To be successful in this role you will need to have a majority of the following technical skills:
- Enterprise software product implementation experience within complex, enterprise environments;
- Leading and collaborating across multi-functional teams on complex large-scale projects;
- Takes full responsibility for the definition, documentation, and successful completion of complex projects, ensuring that realistic project, quality, change control, dependencies, and risk management processes are maintained;
- Manages established contracts with customers and partners, helping negotiate adjustments as needed;
- Understands the internal dynamics of customers and partners to facilitate project plans and execution;
- Seen as the trusted advisor: collaborates with customers, partners, and colleagues to understand and address complex business problems;
- Program/Stakeholder communication. Implements a communications strategy to address a variety of needs;
- Takes responsibility for understanding customer requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis, and problem resolution;
- Takes technical responsibility for all stages in the software development process including both configuration and integration of our products;
- Strong OO design, development and test skills with proven patterns knowledge, exceptional documentation skills, and the ability to communicate your thought process;
- Coaching and mentoring other team members as necessary on tools and methodology
- JAVA, J2EE, JMS, JDBC OR C#, .NET experience – we do facilitate a technical test as part of the selection process;
- Experience in AGILE project management;
- Interest and experience in a customer facing role and on-site;
- Curiosity based on genuine love of technology and solving tough technical problems;
- Willingness and ability to travel 80% within the region. Guidewire employs a flexible travel model that requires consultants to be on site four days per week and away from home three nights per week. Consultants work the fifth day from their home office. These roles represent Guidewire Software on customer site.
Benefits: We know that people work based on incentives so we have an exceptional and rational compensation policy. We pay base, performance incentives, and long term cash incentives (LTI), as well as a number of other benefits such as pension and healthcare and promote flexible working practices to strive for a work-life balance. See and hear from our employees at: careers.guidewire.com and read about our core values of integrity, rationality and collegiality in everything that we do.
Keywords: Consulting, Consultant, Architect, Java, C#, XML, ERP, CRM, JMS, JDBC, Gosu, Configuration, Integration, Insurance, Software Engineer, Solution Architect, Development, Poland,
Intermediate to Senior
Meet Some of Guidewire's Employees
Product Management Manager
Olga encourages and empowers her team to recognize and interpret customer needs so that their important input can be incorporated into continuous product evolution.
Back to top