The primary responsibility of the Guidewire Account Executive is to sell Guidewire’s core insurance offerings, including InsuranceSuite and Guidewire Cloud, to insurance industry clients, achieving revenue, sales and profit targets. This responsibility includes the need for frontline approaches to new clients and ongoing relationship management for existing clients in order to generate new and ongoing sales.
Key activities for the Account Executive include:
· Proactive development of existing and new business customers in assigned territory
· Build and maintain relationships with key prospects and decision makers
· Maintain accurate records of contacts and prospects utilising the company’s systems and procedures
· Manage post-sale client relationships to maximise product extension sales to existing customers
· Lead and personally undertake sales activities from initial contact to sales closure. This will include contacting new and existing clients face-to-face as well as via telephone and electronically
· Arrange and participate in technical and sales presentations to clients
· Maintain a solid knowledge of the company’s underlying technology, the range of existing products and consulting services
· Analyse competitor products and activities and provide feedback into marketing strategies and product development
· Prepare detailed quotations and proposals that fully meet client expectations, as well as minimizing risk to the company. Follow company procedures for quotation review and accept responsibility for the scope, accuracy and winning of these proposals
· Present regular detailed reports to management regarding sales and marketing activities and success rates
· Represent the company at trade shows, conferences, industry meetings and other avenues to initiate sales of the company’s products
Required skills/experience include:
· More than 5 years’ experience in enterprise software sales
· Experience in and knowledge of the insurance industry is preferred
· Thorough understanding of enterprise software sales cycles. Demonstrate a methodical approach to progressing opportunities through this sales cycle
· Excellent English and Native level Japanese (write/read/oral), liaison and representation skills
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Ability to analyse market trends and business data to identify new market potential
· Team player who works well with others
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.