VP of Healthcare Data Insights
Each day, enormous amounts of data are being generated all around us. Through the application of statistics and some data science, these data can provide insights into market trends with a degree of accuracy and fidelity unheard of years ago. The aim of Guidepoint's Data Insights group is to tap into this emerging "data ecosystem" to extract value for our diverse set of clients seeking new and differentiated insights with unparalleled accuracy.
If you're passionate about the potential for big data to drive market intelligence in healthcare, and if you're someone who wants champion the development of a new and innovate suite of market-leading, data-driven healthcare offerings that provide value to a diverse set of clients, this could be an exciting opportunity for you.
The Director of Data Insights role is a unique opportunity for someone with a strong background in healthcare equity research or medical device industry research who wants to spearhead the development of healthcare offerings for an innovative growing data insights business. This position will oversee the development of Guidepoint's Healthcare data offerings including building new products from proprietary data and managing Guidepoint Tracker product.
As an integral member of Guidepoint's new and growing Data Insights team, this leadership position will be responsible for driving the product development and direction for all healthcare offerings including the Guidepoint Tracker platform.
- Drive product development and direction for all Data Insights healthcare offerings including: new product based on a number of proprietary datasets and existing tracking study product line (Guidepoint Tracker platform)
- Liaise with the Guidepoint Sales & Marketing Teams to formulate effective ways to market Guidepoint's healthcare offerings to both existing and prospective clients including the launch of new products
- Work closely with Data Insights team to further develop the client-facing data platform and to ensure robust pipeline of new data products
- Continually assess competitive offerings to refine core value proposition and target new client and product opportunities
Client Relationship Management
- Serve as a liaison with current, new, and perspective Guidepoint clients
- Communicate proposals, timelines, updates, and outcomes to clients during ongoing projects
- Develop and facilitate methods for customer evaluation of services
- Manage hiring, training, and career development of product analysts
- Build upon and support culture of continual process improvement and innovation
- Set performance goals and lead evaluation processes for product analysts
- Must be intellectually curious, self-directed, highly driven with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Have a passion for the Healthcare market with a demonstrated knowledgebase of industry dynamics, key M&A and market controversies
- Having a core conceptual understanding of data analysis (i.e. base knowledge of SQL, R, Matlab or other languages/technologies for performing data modeling and analysis) highly preferred
- Minimum of five years of relevant research experience (with some at a managerial level) with an equity research firm, consulting firm, biotech, medical device company, or market research frim
- Previous working experience in an online product environment, online survey methodologies, programs, and vendors is highly desirable
- Some background and experience managing a product or business line
- Strong presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree from four year college in qualitative field required, Master's degree strongly preferred
Meet Some of Guidepoint's Employees
Strategic Partnerships Associate, Data Insights
Nick works to find companies with unique or otherwise valuable data sets, then negotiates and structures partnerships to use that data in order to inform, drive, and create research products.
Back to top