Vice President of Corporate Business Development
Are you a senior corporate sales professional who knows how to hunt for and close new corporate business? If you answered "yes," then you might be the right person to sell our subscription-based research services in our US West Coast territory.
Guidepoint's well-established business posts consistent annual growth. In part, that's due to the growing adoption of our services by corporate strategy, marketing and market research, and business development professionals at corporations who turn to Guidepoint to gain expert insights prior to making key business decisions. Many Fortune-ranked companies are Guidepoint clients. We're proud to be a global leader in our industry, with offices on three continents and the ability to deliver for our clients, 24/7.
As Vice President of Corporate Business Development, you can choose to work from home from anywhere in the West Coast territory, or if you live close to the Bay Area, you're welcome to work at our new full-service office in downtown San Francisco.
If you are looking for a fast-paced, collegial environment and unwavering support from your colleagues in service delivery, read on to learn more about the responsibilities and requirements for this position.
The Vice President of Corporate Business Development will have the following primary duties:
- Generate revenue by selling access to our subscription-based platform of expertise
- Develop a sales strategy designed to achieve revenue targets set by sales management
- Build and maintain relationships with corporate executives in corporate development, strategy, sales and marketing, business development and market intelligence functions
- Develop and maintain a robust pipeline of qualified prospects
- Develop a strong knowledge and understanding of the competitive landscape and be able to effectively articulate our value proposition
- Maintain accurate account and pipeline data in Salesforce.com
- 5+ years of sales experience to life science corporations, ideally selling a subscription-based B2B information service
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, both verbally and textually
- Broad-based knowledge of the sales process, from lead generation to relationship management
- Ability to engage and intrigue senior level executives with Guidepoint's platform
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to travel domestically
Additional Traits Desired
- Ability to think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Initiative and ability to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Superior analytical and critical thinking skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
Guidepoint offers subsidized health and welfare benefits, a 401K match, a corporate gym discount, and paid vacation days, sick days, and holidays. For more information about what it's like to work at Guidepoint, visit http://www.guidepoint.com/about/careers/.
Guidepoint is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of Guidepoint's Employees
Strategic Partnerships Associate, Data Insights
Nick works to find companies with unique or otherwise valuable data sets, then negotiates and structures partnerships to use that data in order to inform, drive, and create research products.
Back to top