Vice President of Corporate Business Development
Are you a senior corporate sales professional who knows how to hunt for and close new corporate business? If you answered "yes," then you might be the right person to sell our subscription-based research services in our US West Coast territory based in our new San Francisco office.
Guidepoint's well-established business posts consistent annual growth. In part, that's due to the growing adoption of our services by corporate strategy, marketing and market research, and business development professionals at corporations who turn to Guidepoint to gain expert insights prior to making key business decisions. Many Fortune-ranked companies are Guidepoint clients. We're proud to be a global leader in our industry, with offices on three continents and the ability to deliver for our clients, 24/7.
If you are looking for a fast-paced, collegial environment and unwavering support from your colleagues in service delivery, read on to learn more about the responsibilities and requirements for this position.
What You'll Do
The Vice President of Corporate Business Development will have the following primary duties:
- Generate revenue by selling access to our subscription-based platform of expertise
- Develop a sales strategy designed to achieve revenue targets set by sales management
- Build and maintain relationships with corporate executives in corporate development, strategy, sales and marketing, business development and market intelligence functions
- Develop and maintain a robust pipeline of qualified prospects
- Develop a strong knowledge and understanding of the competitive landscape and be able to effectively articulate our value proposition
- Maintain accurate account and pipeline data in Salesforce.com
What You Have
- 5+ years of sales experience to life science corporations, ideally selling a subscription-based B2B information service
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, both verbally and textually
- Broad-based knowledge of the sales process, from lead generation to relationship management
- Ability to engage and intrigue senior level executives with Guidepoint's platform
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to travel domestically
Additional Traits Desired
- Ability to think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Initiative and ability to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Superior analytical and critical thinking skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
Guidepoint offers subsidized health and welfare benefits, a 401K match, a corporate gym discount, and paid vacation days, sick days, and holidays. For more information about what it's like to work at Guidepoint, visit http://www.guidepoint.com/about/careers/.
Guidepoint is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
What We Have:
- Competitive compensation
- Free snacks and beverages
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- 401(k) match, life insurance, commuter benefits, corporate gym rates, paid time-off and parental leave plans
- Friday happy hour and "Summer Fridays"
- Year-round corporate athletic league
- Casual work environment
Guidepoint, a leading expert network firm, connects clients with vetted subject matter experts-Advisors-from their global professional network. Guidepoint clients leverage the insights and perspectives shared by Advisors to stay informed and make better business decisions. Its slate of services, including phone consultations, surveys, events and proprietary data insights products, help professionals gain comprehensive understanding of a topic before making strategic or investment decisions. Guidepoint's multinational client list includes 9 of the top 10 consulting firms and some of the largest hedge funds, private equity firms and Fortune-ranked public companies. For more information, visit www.guidepoint.com.
Meet Some of Guidepoint's Employees
Sam's projects include researching the markets and industries her clients need, and then finding experts to join the Guidepoint network and consult with them.
Back to top