Sr. Linux DevOps Engineer
- New York, NY
Guidepoint’s Engineering team thrives on problem solving and creating happier users. As Guidepoint works to achieve its mission of making individuals, businesses, and the world smarter through personalized knowledge-sharing solutions, the engineering team is taking on challenges to improve our internal CRM system and create new products to optimize the seamless delivery of our services.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will be an instrumental part of the engineering team and will be the key person keeping all systems operational.
What You’ll Do:
- Install, configure and security harden Centos 7.x Linux
- Install Apache, configure Vhosts, SSL, modules
- Install PHP, configure PECL/PEAR libraries, PHP.ini
- Setup database connectivity to SQL Server 2016/17 via UnixODBC and FreeTDS
- Install and setup Solr 6.6.x, configure SolrCloud w/Zookeeper Cluster
- Install and configure Redis 4/5 for RedisCluster and Master/Slave
- Install SupervisorD, setup daemonized Linux processes
- Install RabbitMQ in HA cluster mode
- Install and configure Nginx. Install and configure NodeJS, Socket.io, AngularCLI, Forever
- Deploy and configure software on application servers.
What You Have:
- 7+ years of experience working as a DevOps Engineer
- Experience managing a Dev-Ops resource
- Versed at setting up SystemD processes, Cron jobs, SELINUX, parsing logfiles, configuring logical and physical partitions
- Strong SQL skills
- Scripting in Puppet or Ansible preferred.
- Extremely comfortable with Git
- Comfortable with proxying, loadbalancing, sticky sessions, regex, modifying headers, LUA scripting
- Experience with Azure highly preferred
What We Have:
- Competitive compensation
- Free snacks and beverages
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- 401(k) match, life insurance, commuter benefits, corporate gym rates, paid time-off and parental leave plans
- Friday happy hour and “Summer Fridays”
- Year-round corporate athletic league
- Casual work environment
Guidepoint, a leading expert network firm, connects clients with vetted subject matter experts—Advisors—from their global professional network. Guidepoint clients leverage the insights and perspectives shared by Advisors to stay informed and make better business decisions. Its slate of services, including phone consultations, surveys, events and proprietary data insights products, help professionals gain comprehensive understanding of a topic before making strategic or investment decisions. Guidepoint’s multinational client list includes 9 of the top 10 consulting firms and some of the largest hedge funds, private equity firms and Fortune-ranked public companies.
Back to top