Research Project Manager
Guidepoint gives professionals more confidence in their investment and strategic decisions by connecting them to specialized industry experts who can answer their most pressing business questions. As the experts at finding expertise, since 2003 Guidepoint has set up more than 500,000 interactions between business professionals and experts around the world.
Our multinational client list includes seven of the top 10 global consulting firms, hundreds of hedge funds (including five of the largest firms), and many of the largest private equity firms and Fortune-ranked companies. Guidepoint's nine offices on three continents provide 24/7, quick and agile service. For more information, visit www.guidepoint.com.
Project Managers work in completing research and consultation requests for clients (analysts, portfolio managers, management consultants) who are conducting research and due diligence on topics such as industry trends, market opportunities, and new products and technologies.
What You'll Do
- Work with Sales and/or Relation Manager teams to prospect current clients by providing blinded bios of Experts as well as explaining our capabilities as an organization
- Participate in client on-boarding calls to explain workflows and understand client preferences regarding Expert backgrounds, proposed lists, and call scheduling
- Directly oversee the day-to-day client relationship and fulfill client requests across all verticals and industries
- Manage the service portion a book of business, including institutional investment, consulting, PE, and asset management clients
- Collaboratively work with the respect Sales/RM on the account to build the relationship through project servicing, proactively soliciting work/presenting Experts, and meeting with the client in-person
- Develop, scale, and maintain usage across a defined book of business through phone consultations, in-person events, surveys, quick polls, and teleconferences
- Meet weekly with the Director of Research and the Sales/RM to review client accounts to make sure performance meets expectations project management
- Fulfill all client requests across all sectors by utilizing the Experts in the CRM and custom recruiting resources
- If industry knowledge and expertise is needed to fulfill the project, coordinate with the Vertical Manager/Subject Matter Expert to better understand the scope of the project to identify companies and job functions that can fulfill the project requirements
- Manage and direct a team of Research Analyst to fulfill ad hoc client requests through the custom recruiting of experts
- Screen and present Experts directly to the client and handle all call scheduling for the client, unless self-scheduling is preferred
- Document all client feedback and notes in the system
What You Have
- 2+ years of work experience, related to consulting and strategic analysis, HR search, account sales and service management, equity research, or market research to cover various industry sectors is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally with high fluency in both English and Mandarin
- Experience in delegating and overseeing the work of others.
- High proficiency with web research and knowledge of niche websites.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team atmosphere.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with deadlines.
- Ability to think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth.
- Initiative and ability to handle increasing responsibility over time.
What We Have:
- Competitive compensation
- Free snacks and beverages
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- 401(k) match, life insurance, commuter benefits, corporate gym rates, paid time-off and parental leave plans
- Friday happy hour and "Summer Fridays"
- Year-round corporate athletic league
- Casual work environment
Guidepoint, a leading expert network firm, connects clients with vetted subject matter experts-Advisors-from their global professional network. Guidepoint clients leverage the insights and perspectives shared by Advisors to stay informed and make better business decisions. Its slate of services, including phone consultations, surveys, events and proprietary data insights products, help professionals gain comprehensive understanding of a topic before making strategic or investment decisions. Guidepoint's multinational client list includes 9 of the top 10 consulting firms and some of the largest hedge funds, private equity firms and Fortune-ranked public companies. For more information, visit www.guidepoint.com.
Meet Some of Guidepoint's Employees
Audrey is the primary point of contact for projects. She receives the initial request from a client, refines the scope of their research, and then pairs them with the perfect expert to fit their needs.
Back to top