Guidepoint is looking for an entrepreneurial and outgoing individual to join its Insights business. The Insights product is a new offering for existing Guidepoint clients that offers teleconferences, in-person events and a call transcript library covering a wide of industries/topics that facilitate research. All content features experts from Guidepoint’s proprietary global network and is developed by former investment professionals (i.e. private equity/hedge fund) and sell-side equity research analysts.
Are you looking to advance your career and hone your project, people, and relationship management skills? Would you thrive in a fast-paced, team-focused environment where everyone works hard, plays hard, and is rewarded for their individual contributions?
If so, this Research Associate position at Guidepoint may have your name on it.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work closely with senior analysts of the Insights group to execute teleconferences that will cover a wide range of sectors including industrials, telecom/tech/media, consumer, energy, business services and financials.
- Use your knowledge to research, identify, and recruit appropriate experts for private telephone discussions.
- Master use of Guidepoint’s property CRM database to identify potential experts
- Communicate with potential experts via phone to answer questions or discuss/verify their credentials
- Develop effective screening criteria for experts to test knowledge of teleconference subject matter
- Review responses to screening questions from experts to gauge sufficient knowledge of subject matter
- Finalize scheduling and call logistics details directly with experts
- Proactively monitor pipeline of upcoming call topics so experts can be identified/selected 1-2 weeks before scheduled call date
- Top performers will offered promotion to junior moderator role or will be well prepared for external roles. Recent Research Associate alumni have secured positions at multi-strategy hedge funds, bulge bracket investment banks and pre-IPO fintech companies
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 0-2 years of work experience
- Outgoing personality with the ability to speak with people at all professional levels
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Previous client or account management experience
WHAT WE HAVE:
- Competitive compensation
- Free snacks and beverages
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- 401(k) match, life insurance, commuter benefits, corporate gym rates, paid time-off and parental leave plans
- Friday happy hour and “Summer Fridays”
- Year-round corporate athletic league
- Casual work environment
Guidepoint, a leading expert network firm, connects clients with vetted subject matter experts—Advisors—from their global professional network. Guidepoint clients leverage the insights and perspectives shared by Advisors to stay informed and make better business decisions. Its slate of services, including phone consultations, surveys, events and proprietary data insights products, help professionals gain comprehensive understanding of a topic before making strategic or investment decisions. Guidepoint’s multinational client list includes 9 of the top 10 consulting firms and some of the largest hedge funds, private equity firms and Fortune-ranked public companies. For more information, visit www.guidepoint.com.