Guidepoint's Data Insights group works with proprietary data to generate actionable insights for the world's leading institutional investors, consultants and corporations. The Data Insights team is passionate about creating new products through rigorous analysis of data to draw highly-relevant, accurate quantitative insights. As a Quantitative Research Analyst, you will be an integral member of the team and will be responsible for the development of our analytics-focused products. You will work with a range of interesting and proprietary data involving a high level of responsibility and gain valuable expertise working with alternative data. Come and work with us for the opportunity to help build an industry-leading data business.
What You'll Do:
- Become a dataset expert and build a deep familiarity with key data assets to effectively support requirements of industry analysts and clients
- Be a contributing member of the data team and help:
- solve difficult data problems
- identify and employ methodologies and technologies
- keep up-to-date with the latest tools and techniques
- Be involved in data discovery and R&D: Dive into messy structured and semi-structured data to identify prospective value-drivers
- Research and build a core understanding of sector and company performance metrics and market controversies to qualitatively inform and interpret models
What You Have
- Intellectually curious, self-directed, highly driven with an entrepreneurial mindset and sensibility
- A strong desire for solving complex, difficult big data problems with a sense of urgency
- Must have advanced working knowledge of SQL, Python, R or other languages/technologies for performing complex data modeling and analysis
- Must have some relevant experience with some of the following concepts: conceptual modelling, statistical analysis, statistical learning, predictive modelling, natural language processing, web scraping
- Previously experience working with messy, semi-structured alternative data highly preferred
- Broad understanding of or keen interest in current controversies on Wall Street
- Ability to explain complex data analysis techniques and technologies to non-technical clients
- Graduate or undergraduate degree(s) in qualitative field: CS, Math, Statistics, Engineering, etc. with demonstrated "real world" applications of relevant coursework
What We Have:
- Competitive compensation
- Free snacks and beverages
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- 401(k) match, life insurance, commuter benefits, corporate gym rates, paid time-off and parental leave plans
- Friday happy hour and "Summer Fridays"
- Year-round corporate athletic league
- Casual work environment
Guidepoint, a leading expert network firm, connects clients with vetted subject matter experts-Advisors-from their global professional network. Guidepoint clients leverage the insights and perspectives shared by Advisors to stay informed and make better business decisions. Its slate of services, including phone consultations, surveys, events and proprietary data insights products, help professionals gain comprehensive understanding of a topic before making strategic or investment decisions. Guidepoint's multinational client list includes 9 of the top 10 consulting firms and some of the largest hedge funds, private equity firms and Fortune-ranked public companies.
Meet Some of Guidepoint's Employees
On the Healthcare Team, Renata acts as the primary point of contact for clients seeking to invest in the field, facilitating a dialogue between her clients and relevant experts.
Back to top