Guidepoint is an independent research firm based in NYC that provides customized primary research and consulting services to premier institutional investment firms that invest in the Healthcare, Technology, Telecom, Media, Retail, Energy and Industrials industries. We provide our clients with customized tools to analyze various sectors and sub-sectors via the knowledge and insight of industry professionals that make up our proprietary Advisor network.
This position offers an opportunity to work on challenging development projects in a highly collaborative team environment. Guidepoint is seeking a full-time PHP Developer to join its top-flight web development team. Our web development team is a highly collaborative organization consisting of developers and engineers with the highest levels of technical depth, programming skill and a passion for quality.
- Weigh-in on database schema design
- Develop web applications using PHP & JS
- Follow and enforce coding standards and best practices (PSR-1)
- 3-5 years experience developing web based applications in PHP and LAMP stack
- Experience using MS SQL Server other relational databases.
- Problem solver and go getter
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
Other desirable, but not required, skills include:
- Familiarity working on Linux operating system
- Experience working with an open source framework (Zend, Symfony, Yii, CodeIgniter, etc.) and MVC
- Knowledge of caching platforms
- Familiarity with Lucene/Solr
- Knowledge of typical development tools such as IDEs/debuggers, code repositories, bug tracking system
Meet Some of Guidepoint's Employees
As recent graduate, Donna is responsible for reaching out to experts who can help advise Guidepoints clients, facilitating those insightful interactions.
Back to top