Lead PHP Developer
Guidepoint is seeking a Lead PHP Developer with heavy Restful API & Microsoft SQL Server development experience to join its Engineering team. Our Engineering team is a highly collaborative organization consisting of engineers with the highest levels of technical depth, programming skill and a passion for quality.
An ideal candidate is expected to absorb an immense amount of business logic and have a curious mind for process flows to data models and code interaction. Must have prior experience successfully leading a team of at least 4 developers for at least one year. Imperative that candidate can unblock fellow developers and weigh-in daily while getting own User Stories completed. Must be able to work alongside three existing Leads (2 BE & 1 FE) and Principal Engineer in a 20+ engineer team.
- Lead peers in implementation of SOA architecture, while supporting legacy web applications
- Weigh-in on database schema design
- Develop web applications using PHP & JS
- Follow and enforce coding standards and best practices (PSR-1)
- Bachelor's Degree and/or 5-8 years of Object Oriented programming experience in PHP
- Experience working with a PHP MVC framework (advanced knowledge of Symfony2 & Doctrine ORM preferred)
- Experience designing, coding and consuming Restful APIs
- Experience in MS SQL Server, MongoDB & MySQL
- Experience in message queues via RabbitMQ
- Understanding of design patterns
- Experience offloading ginormous SQL queries (data processing, grouping, sorting, joins, inner selects) to PHP code
- Experience with caching, particularly with in-memory key/value storage (Redis)
- Master of Git version control. Must be able to assist in conflict resolution!
- Strong Linux skills
- Experience with Agile software methodology
- Experience working with a production environment with zero or very minimal downtime
- Successful experience re-platforming
- Excellent communication & multitasking skills
- Must be a natural born problem solver
- Must document everything and expect of others
- Must have ownership!
Nice to Have
- Experience clustering and loadbalancing (scalable architecture)
- Experience with Machine Learning
- This is not a telecommuting or contract position
- Local candidates only please
Guidepoint is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Guidepoint's Employees
Sam's projects include researching the markets and industries her clients need, and then finding experts to join the Guidepoint network and consult with them.
Back to top