Guidepoint is looking for an entrepreneurial individual to join its Insights business. The Insights product is an offering for existing Guidepoint clients (major investment firms, consultants, and corporations). We create timely podcast interviews with industry experts, in-person events and a maintain a podcast library covering a wide range of topics. For this role, our moderated expert interviews serve as primary research focused on the novel therapeutics development landscape.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work closely with senior analysts of the Insights group to plan primary research content that will cover various areas within biotech, pharma and medical devices/technology.
- Lead interviews as a moderator featuring expert physicians, researchers and industry executives from Guidepoint’s network of over 700,000 professionals.
- Prepare for interviews by reading public company SEC filings, reviewing investor presentations, monitoring news releases and analyzing Wall Street research reports.
- Receive rigorous ongoing training from senior analysts of Insights group on topics including industry analysis, investment research, mergers & acquisitions and leveraged buyouts.
- Top performers will have opportunity to advance to a senior analyst role
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree (science-related) [MS or PhD preferred but not required]
- Minimum 2-4 years of work experience [or recent advanced graduate degree]
- Must have completed undergraduate degree or minor in the sciences including chemistry, biochemistry, biology, pre-med curriculum or specific health sciences such as neuroscience and biomedical engineering
- Interest in leveraging science background to gain investment research experience
- Experience conducting industry/company research is preferred but not required
- Outgoing personality with the ability to speak with people at all professional levels
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to research and learn on a daily basis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
WHAT WE HAVE:
- Competitive compensation
- Free snacks and beverages
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- 401(k) match, life insurance, commuter benefits, corporate gym rates, paid time-off and parental leave plans
- Friday happy hour and “Summer Fridays”
- Year-round corporate athletic league
- Casual work environment
Guidepoint, a leading expert network firm, connects clients with vetted subject matter experts—Advisors—from their global professional network. Guidepoint clients leverage the insights and perspectives shared by Advisors to stay informed and make better business decisions. Its slate of services, including phone consultations, surveys, events and proprietary data insights products, help professionals gain comprehensive understanding of a topic before making strategic or investment decisions. Guidepoint’s multinational client list includes 9 of the top 10 consulting firms and some of the largest hedge funds, private equity firms and Fortune-ranked public companies. For more information, visit www.guidepoint.com.